EAA Shotgun

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

EAA Shotgun

Postby kansasmallardman » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:33 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Eastern American Arms shotguns. I have come across an over/under 12 ga that I like. I was wondering if it was a decent gun.
kansasmallardman

EAA Shotgun

Postby kansasmallardman » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:37 pm

I'm sorry i ment to put European American Arms not Eastern.
kansasmallardman

Postby DUKHTR » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:22 am

Is that a Baikal gun? I think they are imported by European Arms. I have read some good reports about those Russian guns. I read that the manuafacturer is the same one that built all the Russian miltary hardware - they re-tooled for the sportsman's market and produce quality weapons. I have not seen or hefted one - just read about them. The pictures look nice, but marketing is just that, marketing. Prices are mid-range and there are some nice looking upgrades with etching etc.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dogman » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:57 pm

EAA is the same as Baikal,I've heard good things but can't say anything from personal experience.Although I did ask a gunsmith and his concern was where you could find service and parts if needed.But then again I've got 12 firearms and have only had to go to a gunsmith once in 27 years.
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

RUSSIAN GUNS

Postby LEADHEAD » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:33 pm

THEY ARE GOOD GUNS. NOT GREAT GUNS, BUT HANDLE WELL IN THE FIELD. THE RUSSIAN 3 1/2 AUTO IS A VERY GOOD GUN FOR THE MONEY. HAD ONE NOW FOR THREE YEARS WITH NO PROBLEMS. LOOKS GOOD TOO.

THE OVER AND UNDERS ARE FUN TO SHOOT, AND WILL HOLD UP. FOR THE MONEY, GO AHEAD AND TRY ONE..............YOU WON'T BE SORRY.
LEADHEAD

Postby jds » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:45 pm

I currently have a EAA Baikal MP-153 in synthetic with a 28 inch barrel. It's not the best 3.5 autoloader on the market today. It is the most outstanding value I've seen on a shotgun anywhere. I purchased this firearm online from CDNN Investments for $269.00. This gun cycles everything from 2-3/4 1-1/8oz loads to the most powerful 3.5 shells with out a hitch. I hunt with some friends who have Benelli SBE, Beretta Extremas and some other well known better magnum shotguns. They are all amazed at this Russian tank and it's dependabilty for the money. I owned a Beretta 391 Extrema. It's an outstanding shotgun no doubt. I would also add that it's not worth 3 times the asking price of the Baikal MP153. I don't know about service of this shotgun through EAA. Hope I never have to find out.
jds
hunter

Hey muff I have a over and under

Postby Ducks » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:12 am

Its a Baikal they are from russia its a 12 that shoots 3; ported and slector for the barrel you choose to shoot yes vented . Listen to this I never shoot under 500 shells thru it every week! And its freaken flawless,I bought some steel choaks for it thats around 60 bucks for the 2 with shipping,. if your interested let me know and I`ll get ya the 800 number . Buy the gun they are bad. I duck hunt with a Benelli,but this year I`ll take the over and under, look out Dove, I can hit anyway you put me with this gun it sure helps me in my moving target shooting !!!!!!!!!!! I have had it over 7 months you do the math ;) God bless and pick up your darn shells!
Arkansas is the Natural state!
Pick up your shells!
Ducks
Banned

Postby Gooseboy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:23 pm

baikals are nice, baikal ducks are even nicer!
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby gsphunter » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:20 am

I've done pretty much research on EAA's and from what I've found, they seem to be good guns for the money. The biggest complaint I have found on them is the finish on them, which I'm not worried about anyway because I want a gun I can hunt with.

Another O/U you might check out for a similar price is the KHAN shotguns. I have heard some good stuff about them as well and from what I have seen on the net they look really nice too.
gsphunter
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum