This has probably been talked about a lot.....

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

This has probably been talked about a lot.....

Postby casey_714 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:18 pm

Well, I have made a decision. I am going to get a Super Black Eagle 2 (camo version). I'm just asking you "SBE2 owners" out there how you like them. Do they kick very hard or rust easily? Any pro's and con's? I loved my Stoeger P-350, but it has pretty much been a single shot lately, because it's not re-chambering shells very well (you have to pump it REALLY hard to get it to).

When they first came out, I was like hm... looks like any other shotgun to me.. I went to Sportsman's Warehouse a while ago and had the opportunity to hold it. It felt like a dream. That thing felt/shouldered so wonderfully! Anyways, what is the best price for a new one in camo, and where? If i do buy it (i'm 18), it's going to take a while for me to save up the money. I would probably sell my p-350 and my .410 for like $200 each, so that would give me a little head start on it.
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby eric1 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:41 pm

I just got an SBE2 for Christmas. I havent fired it yet but I'm going tomorrow to shoot Clays, I will get back with you and tell you how it did.
eric1
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:45 am

I know you said owners only, but figured I would chime in anyway. I don't own an SBEII, but have shot a couple different ones that friends and family own. Compared to a Browning auto, SX2 or pretty much any other auto they'll knock your teeth out. Of course I only shot at clays, but I doubt you would really notice the kick when shooting a birds.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:08 am

I am not sure why anyone would push the Black eagle....what about the M2!!!??? Nonone needs a 3.5" gun and the M2 will deliver on all the firepower you will ever need. Or how about the Montefeltro!!???

You will save alot of bucks upfront and get all of the Benelli you are in pursuit of!

On the other hand....I certainly see ALOT of Benellis for sale on the different classified forums I look through. I wonder why!!! Too many problems? Recoil issues (even though they are supposed to be so innovative)?
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby greenster » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:53 pm

Recoil is not an issue to me but if you would like to compare it to some other guns, it kicks less than the REM 870, Mossberg 500,535, and the 835. No rust from any that I have seen, I think they got a pretty solid painting process. A little bit pricy, but the Benelli is a "BABY" gun and by that I mean it needs to be cleaned oil very often like every 2 hunts or so. But if it is cleaned and taken care of, which all guns should be, it will last you forever, but so will the financing.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby casey_714 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:33 pm

Yeah i got a $500 bonus from my boss (who's my uncle). I figured I would take how much i could afford, and then add the $500 ontop. I have only owned 1 pump at 3.5" chamber. It is a Stoeger P350, and it kicks a lot, but i guess i don't really mind it. It might be because I'm a little bit smaller than average, so it's not as bad. Has anyone shot the Stoeger P350 and SBEII? Which kicks harder out of them? The 3.5" semi SBE can't kick more than a 3.5" pump Stoeger, right?

I think the only reason you see so many SBE's being sold is because there are so many people who own them. And almost all the ones selling the SBE I's are people that are going to buy a SBE II. They are one of the better, or best (so i hear), semi's out there so they can't be crap.
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby Nova Shooter » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:02 pm

You should get a Benelli Nova. Its like the P350 except better quality. And if you put the weight they offer in the gun it hardly kicks at all. I am 14 and got my nova this year in January. I have probaly shoot 150 3 1/2 inch shells in it in the last 3 months and do not have a problem with it at all. I have shot my grandpa's semi-auto Legacy and it kicks hader with 3 in. shells than my nova does with 3 1/2 in. shells. The price is good, only $300 at the stores near me. It is the best pump out there and in my opinon it is the best gun out there.[/list]
1 John 15+17
Love not the world, neither any things that are in the world. If any man loves the world, the love of the father is not in him. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.
Nova Shooter
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:43 pm

yeah im his bro and i have a nova... the thing is that he doesnt want a pump... i will agree with you though that the nova is pretty stinkin sweet... however it is a little off topic because he wants to know about the sbe II and nothing else really...
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby casey_714 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:20 pm

Yeah it was a little off topic, but I would say that if i had to get another pump, it would be the nova. It just seems like a really good gun, and people only have good things to say about it.
casey_714
State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Forum