benelli's for life

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

benelli's for life

Postby dukkilr6 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:30 pm

All I know is that a Benelli super black eagle in synthetic is the best waterfowl gun ever. I'm the clumsiest person ever and always manage to get my gun soakin wet while puttin deke's out and it will never freeze up! I have tried to get it to jam up and I cant. I once dropped it to the bottom of a slu and it was submerged in the mud. I had to feel around with my feet for it. thank God I found. I pulled it out and fired it. It worked like new.
dukkilr6
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:34 pm

Wow, I am impressed, but not convinced, I will have to try it before I believe it.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby birdgunner04 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:11 am

my nova is a POS
to all I toast (More ducks and better #$&%@)
birdgunner04
hunter

Postby Grinder » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:45 pm

My buddy has a Benelli SBE.

They do break and they will jam. His SBE has broken down (broken firing pin) more times than my Browning Auto 5, which has never broken. The SBE is a pretty good gun though, and I certainly wouldn't mind having one.

They are mechanical devices that will only take so much abuse, and need to be maintained. All mechanical devices can and will fail from time to time.
Just keep that in mind. :smile:

Grinder
Abusing:

Browning BPS 10 Gauge 26" barrel
Browning Auto-5 Magnum Stalker 28" barrel
Grinder
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:20 pm

I dropped my nova in the water this weekend and it shot fine the rest of the day.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:24 pm

Wow, I am suprised on what a rattle box can do.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Re: benelli's for life

Postby Xtrema Hunter » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:48 pm

[quote="dukkilr6"]All I know is that a Benelli super black eagle in synthetic is the best waterfowl gun ever.

No doubt it is a great gun, however that is a bold ststment. The Beretta A391 Xtrema 3.5 is just as good, and for duribility and never jamming I would have to say a good pump gun like a Rem 870 might even be a better gun.
IF IT FLYS IT DIES
Xtrema Hunter
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:31 pm

mallard hunter--- yeah they rattle, we will see how it holds up. If it fails on me once I will get a BPS or a 870 super mag... For now I am happy with the nova though, time will tell!

mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby donell67 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:05 pm

98 i have had my first one for about 5 years now no problems. when do the novas rattle mine dont.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Drew Willemsen » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:15 pm

I love mine, I have not had problems with any of them... :getdown:
Drew Willemsen
hunter

Postby whislewing » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:09 pm

to be a duck hunter you need camoflauge, decoys, a place to hunt, and a BEnelli SBE, and some shells to put in it.
I love mine, I put a tru- glo adjustable choke on it, instantly ready for any type of shotgun hunting.

SBE is MONEY!!!!! :thumbsup:
10 o clock tree line
whislewing
hunter

Postby birdgunner04 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:11 am

The trouble with those are if you walk in you have to carry it.
birdgunner04
hunter

Postby phillipstd » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:30 am

Xtrema Hunter wrote:
dukkilr6 wrote:All I know is that a Benelli super black eagle in synthetic is the best waterfowl gun ever.

No doubt it is a great gun, however that is a bold ststment. The Beretta A391 Xtrema 3.5 is just as good, and for duribility and never jamming I would have to say a good pump gun like a Rem 870 might even be a better gun.

ya right, you think a pump won't jam, :laughing: I've had em jam lot's. The xtreme, is way dirty'r cause it's gas operated, so it will fail before a sbe, and it's heavier, my sbe has been through hell and back, half the camo is wore off it, I don't feel bad putting it in the bottom of the boat and railin through a slough with it, and it consistantly works awsome, not to mention they are the fastest that's right the fastest semi produced.
phillipstd
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:40 pm

Some of you dont seem to take to good of care of your guns... please tell me that after you drop them in mud, ect you check to make shure the barrel isnt plugged. if not thats just ridiculous. I know $/?t happens but there is a lot of dropping of guns, etc going on.
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:57 pm

phillipstd wrote:
Xtrema Hunter wrote:
dukkilr6 wrote:All I know is that a Benelli super black eagle in synthetic is the best waterfowl gun ever.

ya right, you think a pump won't jam, :laughing: I've had em jam lot's. The xtreme, is way dirty'r cause it's gas operated, so it will fail before a sbe, and it's heavier, my sbe has been through hell and back, half the camo is wore off it, I don't feel bad putting it in the bottom of the boat and railin through a slough with it, and it consistantly works awsome, not to mention they are the fastest that's right the fastest semi produced.

The extrema uses a combo system. The borrowed some stuff from benelli (rotating locking bolt). If the super black eagle is still going then the xtrema will be right beside it. Beddy shots an SBE me an Extrema side by side through thick and thin. Mine is jsut softer shooting cause it is heavier, but it is made to be a goose gun not a lightweight upland model.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:29 am

I KNOW this will create alot of stir....but I gotta tellya, it is not the gun that kills ducks...it is the shooter. Anyone who tells me they will kill more birds with their Bennelli than I will with a Maverick is pretty much clueless. It is not the gun and there is no need to spend $1,200. I have those expensive and fancy pieces....they end up on the range and not in the blind.....and I do understand that the Bennelli's and the Extremas etc. are decent....but why are guys selling them so much in the classifieds???? Why are there so many posts asking for help on a myriad of issues from those expensive autos (broken carriers, jamming, trigger problems etc)???? I do know that no matter what the gun....if it is recently made it is most likely not as good as the oldies!

This is MY opinion and not meant to ruffle feathers!!!!!!

ps...I like my Benelli and Berretta!!! but my bread-n-butter piece is a Maverick!!!!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:50 am

I have an Xtrema, but when the going gets tough I go back to the 870 Wingmaster. I like my semi auto cause I can shoot 3.5 inchers all day during the conservation snow goose season and not have a black and blue shoulder.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:58 am

DUKHTR,

Another thought, why would anybody spend more than $20 on a call? My buddy's favorite call is worth $3 mine is worth $13 and I will gaurantee that we kill just as many if not more ducks than those guys with the expensive calls. It is the same principal.
If everybody shot a maverick then you would be paying $1200 dollars for it cause it is what everybody wants. THey could charge whatever they damn well pleased.

Just somethings to think about.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby MTgoosehunter » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:09 pm

I love my Benelli M1. :thumbsup:
I aint a killer but dont push me.......revenge is the sweetist joy next to gettin ..ssy
MTgoosehunter
hunter

Postby birdgunner04 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:46 am

G&H are all right if you can deal with them cracking at the keal and replace them every 3 years
birdgunner04
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:33 am

whose talking about g&h? they don't make shotguns...

:toofunny:
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby birdgunner04 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:06 pm

you couldnt pay me to use a benelli again
birdgunner04
hunter

Postby birdgunner04 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:07 pm

In my opinion the things Benelli produces shouldnt be called shotguns either
birdgunner04
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:28 pm

I have dropped my nova in the water twice, it lays in the mud all the time, I shoot dirty shells and haven't cleaned it once this season. No fail yet..

What do most all the big time guides and waterfowlers shoot? Around here the goose pits are lined with SBEs. They must do something right.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby birdgunner04 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:00 pm

the goose pits in Eastern WA are a fasion show for the docters and lawyers from Seattle
birdgunner04
hunter

Next

Return to Shotgun Forum