Stevens 411 Uplander Sporter

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Stevens 411 Uplander Sporter

Postby Mike M. » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:48 pm

I have been looking at this Stevens 411 since it came out in 2003. I have done as much research on the web as I can find. There is not much out there other than a few reviews. My first gun was a 16 gauge Ranger side by side which I learned how to shoot with and would love to be able to use a side by side again in the field. There is just something about a side by side that that I love, I just don't love the prices of side by sides. Being a college student the price of this gun is appealing.
I could get this gun for around $350.00 Seems like a lot of gun for the money with features that one would find on a gun 3 times its price. I have handled the gun several times and the fit is good for me. The stock is kind of ugly but I could strip then restain at some point down the road. If I purchased this gun it would be a hunting gun, mostly for waterfowl and maybe the occasional pheasant in the future if and when I get a dog.

My concerns are: Is this a decent gun that is going to go boom when I squeeze the trigger? And are parts going to be available if Stevens/Savage breaks their ties with Baikal?

I was wondering what you all thought of the 12 gauge Stevens 411 Uplander sporter? Does anyone here actually own one?

I appreciate your comments.
Mike M.
hunter

Postby RyanLane » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:27 pm

My dad used to have the original 311, so when they came out with the 411 he got one.

I used it last year for waterfowling although i didn't really do a whole lot of it. He has used it this year some and I have also. Just last weekend we were hunting in the snow, and some freezing freezing cold weather. A guy in our group's nova froze solid that is how cold it was. Somehow my old Charles Daly kept firing and there were no problems with the 411.

The gun is kind of heavy which you probably already know if you had held one, and it kicks pretty good, but that is probably cause i'm used to my automatic. Anyway i don't think you can go wrong with them. they are great guns you can really hunt with and dont' have to worry about banging them up too much and they keep firing. I would efinately recommend it, you won't be sorry
RyanLane
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum