Beretta Extrema 2 Questions

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Beretta Extrema 2 Questions

Postby Paulinski » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:30 pm

Hey All

I'm looking to purchase a semi-auto shotgun in near future. Currently I own a Beretta 391 Sporting 30" in wood. I'm looking at a Beretta Extrema 2 in Camo finish and 28" barrel as I dont want to ding up the wood on the Urika. I plant to use this gun for some hunting as well as some trap/skeet general target shooting. How do you like your Extrema 2? Do you shoot any trap/target with it? What is the lightest load you can put in this gun? Any problems/jamming breakdowns? Overall how would you rate it?

Thanks in advance

Paul
Paulinski
Newb

Extrema 2

Postby mjlduckman » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:41 am

There were a few posts from aug to oct about these guns and how people liked them. I bought one and absolutely love it. She shoots any shell you can find, 1 oz skeet to the heaviest tukey loads you can find. I haven't had any problems todate and I use it every weekend in the salt marshes and pheasant fields, a truly awsome gun.
May the skies above you; be blackened with birds
mjlduckman
hunter

Postby easternshorehunter » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:29 pm

:withstupid: same here. use it on the chesapeake bay without any problems, took it out to iowa and shot some pheasants and rabbits with it in november, and shoot sporting clays with 1 oz loads atleast every other weekend.
easternshorehunter
hunter

Postby 2yd » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:00 pm

I've posted recently on my experiences with the xtrema2 and like the others I have no complaints. (previous guns were SBE's) As a trap shooter I know you prefer the longer barrel but my suggestion is to get a shorter barrel like a 26" so you can take advantage of the extended tubes for the range and still have some fun in the field.

In previous guns and in test fires with friends xtrema-1's I found the 28" a tad to long to use in the blind, a little burensome in mounting fast on pheasants/grouse and contributing to a slight overweighting in the guns forward balance. The other suggestion is that if all things are equal the black matte is probably just as good as the camo. I got the camo b/c my black SBE's would have some spot rust appear so I figured the camo dip would solve this in the Xtrema2. Then I found out the black matte Xtrema2 has the same rust protection as camo dipped with their Aqua technology. Only time will tell if this is an effective solution.
2yd
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum