Over under shotgun Questions

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Over under shotgun Questions

Postby northzoneguy » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:21 pm

I recently picked up a new shotgun. It says universal Firearms on it with a 26 in mod. Its a double trigger double bead vented barrel. Here's the problem the serial numbers are no where in the big blue gun book. Also the it has two full choke barrels in it. Gandee Mountain had no idea nor did another gun shop I took it to. The numbers on the barrel are 2035. All the numbers in the book for universal firearms started at like 7000. Any info would be great.
northzoneguy
State Moderator

Postby greenster » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:54 am

This one has got me for now.. I found some information here about Universal Firearms Company.

Universal Firearms, Ltd.

(401) 782-GUNS/4867
FAX: (401) 788-0744

Located at 265 Main Street
Wakefield, Rhode Island

I do not know if it is same company but it never hurts to call and see. The universal Firearms company I know of made WWII guns and later guns for military like the m1 carbine, but they was Iver Johnson arms sometimes before mid 1950's I believe. Which was located in Hialeah, FL and Jacksonville, Arkansas.. There model numbers where actually the name of the gun plus a 2-5 digit number, and the 4 digit number on was what I though to be the patent date but since yours has 2035 just throws me in circles.. So all I know for now is to call that number and ask them about it. But until then I might have time to sit-down and figure it out.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby northzoneguy » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:38 am

Thanks alot any info would be great.
northzoneguy
State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Forum