another mossberg 835 question

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

another mossberg 835 question

Postby Daniel Peterson » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:09 pm

Does anybody have any problems with ejection on the newer mossberg 835? I want to buy one but I want to make sure that they know longer have ejection problems
Daniel Peterson
hunter

Postby Butchhe » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:17 pm

Occasionally I have a problem with 3 inch shells when I dont chamber the next round quick enough. I don't have any problems with 2 3/4 and I don't shoot 3.5". It can be very frustrating. I think inbetween duck season and trap season, I might send it back to the factory to have it looked at. Hope this helps.
Butchhe
hunter

Postby greenster » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:55 am

Daniel: I have never had problems with mine. Its been to hell and back I would recommend it to any-one. There’s only one draw back. it makes killing ducks too easy

butchhe It sounds like to me you have either A: dirt or trash in the gun, and it needs to be cleaned very well with good solvent dissolve and lubed with penetrating oil.. B: If its really new and not used much maybe too much lubricants. C: your a wuss and don’t have muscle to pull it back fast enough :toofunny: I'm just kidding
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Swamp Puppy » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:11 pm

read my post in your other thread regarding ejection problems.

:salude:
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby MrCamoClad » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:09 pm

My buddie bought one last year and has had numerous ejection problems with Winchester 3 1/2 shells. Only Winchester though.....Remington and Federals worked fine.
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Re: another mossberg 835 question

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:18 pm

Daniel Peterson wrote:Does anybody have any problems with ejection on the newer mossberg 835? I want to buy one but I want to make sure that they know longer have ejection problems

I havnt had a single problem w/ my 835. Not a pretty gun, but its a helluva werk horse :thumbsup:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby jedisme » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:24 pm

i like my 835 alot never had a problem. all i shoot is the winchester xpert 3' never a problem.
jedisme
hunter

Postby Daniel Peterson » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:27 pm

swamp puppy

I know that a lot of people say they have problems with mossys. I have own a mosseberg 500 and it took a likin and kept on tickin.
It never jammend and never failed and I put over 7000 rounds through it during the first couple of years. as a matter of fact one time when I was quail hunting after a very rainy weather here in middle Georgia I dropped the shotgun in about 2ft deep puddle-I quikly pulled it out and at that time my budies' setter pointed. I just flicked a much mudd as I could off the action and pored the water out of the barrel- I wasnt planning on shooting with it but my buddy flushed the quail and they flow right in front of me! I couldnt stand it so I fired once twice then three times......four quail fell dead as a door nail. and the action was full of mud! it took me 4 hours to completly get all of the mud out of the gun. you could not ask much more of a gun than that. I hope you now see why I am a die hard mossy fan.

Did you buy the shotgun recently or was it a while back? SOme of the orinal shotguns had ejection problems but most of the new ones I have seen and talked to people dont-that is if you clean them right.

Also another reason is that I am on a very limited money buget as of the current time. and the moss is a good gun that I can easly afford that is not a foreign import---Its made in the good old US of A
I just cant simply afford a nice benelli at the moment.

Daniel Peterson
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:36 pm

I use to have one and mine did jamb up alot but im sure after 10 years they got the bugs out of them the reason i got rid of mine is it kicked harded than a NFR buckin horse in the tenth round. the darn thing sent me to the doc with a dislocated jaw two different times so it went down the road! just for some advise ware your hunting clothes in and make sure it fits you real good It just had way too much drop in the stock for me :salude:
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:48 am

Daniel - i bought mine in 2001 and hunted with it through the '02 and '03 seasons before finally selling it. now, i will say that the gun took a beating. i hunted quail, grouse, ducks, pheasants, and doves with it. i can't say that i genuinly disliked the gun, because i didn't. I just wish it would have worked when i needed it to.

good luck to ya and i hope yours is a better quality gun than mine was. I have noticed one thing on the new 835s that was different than mine and a huge improvement. the fore-grip (pump grip) is a lot sleeker and nicely shaped than the older model. mine was a huge, wide thing that made the whole gun cumbersome to hold. the new gun is much nicer in that respect.

Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:42 am

I've had my 835 going on 7 years with at least 8,000 rounds through it and I have never had an ejection problem. A big problem with these 3.5" pump guns is people don't pull the forearm back far enough for the gun to work properly. There's a lot of travel on a 3.5" pump.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Butchhe » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:03 am

greenster wrote:Daniel: I have never had problems with mine. Its been to hell and back I would recommend it to any-one. There’s only one draw back. it makes killing ducks too easy

butchhe It sounds like to me you have either A: dirt or trash in the gun, and it needs to be cleaned very well with good solvent dissolve and lubed with penetrating oil.. B: If its really new and not used much maybe too much lubricants. C: your a wuss and don’t have muscle to pull it back fast enough :toofunny: I'm just kidding

:toofunny:
Butchhe
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:15 pm

ol' yeller wrote:I've had my 835 going on 7 years with at least 8,000 rounds through it and I have never had an ejection problem. A big problem with these 3.5" pump guns is people don't pull the forearm back far enough for the gun to work properly. There's a lot of travel on a 3.5" pump.

i wish i could say that i had that problem, but mine was purely mechanical. i did "short stroke" it once or twice...i do it with the benelli too. usually when i am trying to get a fast follow up shot. i don't fault the gun for that however. that is my fault.

when the ejector screw falls out for the 3rd time in 2 seasons or the gun jams because it is trying to feed 2 rounds at once...then i blame the gun.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:29 pm

SP, the short stroking is one of the reasons I moved over to an auto. That and I like to fire enough shells to keep Winchester and Federal in business. :thumbsup: :laughing:
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:56 pm

lol..yeah. i like autos, but no way i could use one where i hunt :thumbsdown:
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum