New sporting shotgun

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

New sporting shotgun

Postby Take'em Now » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:32 am

I am looking to buy a new sporting shougun. One I can use sporting clay and skeet shooting.

I run into a problem. I been looking at a Beretta 682 Gold E & a Browning 525 GOlden Sporting Clay. Both guns are in about the same price range ($3500.00)

I am a big Beretta fan (have 6 of them) So I tend to go with Beretta. But the other day I seen the Browning 525 Golden Sport gun (Very good looking gun) Have any one every shot both guns?

I have a couple of issues (reasons why I have not purchased either guns)
I am not a big fan of Japen guns (sorry just also been a italian gun guy)
The other issue is, no one I know shoots Browning, Just need to know more about what people think about Browning.

but if the Browning is a better gun vs the Beretta I am willing to go with the Browning

Plase advise
Take'em Now
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:20 am

Well.....I have used both. for me the berretta's do not point well for me. Only because of fit. I use a browning and its well made, and is pleasing to shoot. I would not rule out a browning unless the gun seems awkward for one to shoot. Same goes for any quality shotgun. Shoot what fits you if the browning does not seem right shoot the berrata, if the perazzi does not feel right shoot the browning.

My .02
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:31 am

Remington 1187.... Cheap..... Reliable.... I just dont think you really need to spen 35 hundred dollars on a gun when some cheaper ones perform just as well, just dont look as good.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby bgoldhunter » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:45 pm

Gooseboy....ya just don't get it sometimes...
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:59 pm

Anyone that has had an opportunity to shoot a fine firearm will tell you that they are dreams to shoot. Most of course are very fine double guns the SXS are even more expensive. The main reason is the barrels have to be bonded so they shoot exactly where they are supposed to. I patterned a stevens SXS once and was amazed how far off the barrels shot at 30 yards. For those of us who want to spend 3500.00$ on a shot gun I say get the best for the price. By the way my 11-87 is awesome too. But I retired it as a sporting clays gun just because I got tired of picking up my empties and loosing good hulls to the folks cleaning up the range. My sporting clays gun is a browning over and under as well as my duck and goose gun. I do not advocate using a 3500.00 gun like I do when I hunt waterfowl but.....if I could afford one it would be in the duck blind with me. To me I purchase a rifle, pistol, shotgun to be used for the purpose it was intended. If I bought a perazzi I would shoot competition with it..but I compete only as an amature and am happy with that. Good luck on the new gun
Citori12

Postby greenster » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:55 pm

bgoldhunter wrote:Gooseboy....ya just don't get it sometimes...
:

:toofunny:

come-on bgold you know every is using those 11-87 at the range
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bgoldhunter » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:10 pm

I prefer a Mossberg pump at those nice "country club" ranges. Add duct tape as needed for that shiny finish. Sharpie marker on the side for the game scenes.

Really, it's a hard decision between the two guns. They both point nicely for me, but I dont have the $$ to worry about it just yet..
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:17 pm

Gooseboy wrote:Remington 1187.... Cheap..... Reliable.... I just dont think you really need to spen 35 hundred dollars on a gun when some cheaper ones perform just as well, just dont look as good.

Look at it this way, he's not asking for what gun out of all of the guns out there he should get, just out of those two. He wants to spend 3500 bucks, so let him spend it.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:31 pm

bgoldhunter wrote:Gooseboy....ya just don't get it sometimes...

What do you mean by that?

Gotcha dlip.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Citori12 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:18 pm

Well lets put it this way. I could have spent an extra 3,500.00$ on a Hummer H3, or a goose hunt in Canada, or an elk hunt in montana. But I think hummers are rediculous unless they are used in the desert with a 50 cal mounted on the top, and the hunting trips would have been nice but then what would you do for the rest of the year. So as far as shotuns are concerned I have 3,500.00$ tied up in just 2 of my shotguns and I can shoot them year round and are a pleasure to shoot. If it pleasures some one to own a 3,500.00 shotgun go for it!!!! If someone wants a HumV let them have one!!!! we can't take money with us when we go and the best thing is I have 4 fine shotguns and I am glad I was able to use a finer shotgun before I go to duck hunters heavan. And when I get old like my father and can get out to shoot sporting clays now and again I will be doing it with a fine shotgun and enjoying every minute of it. I still vote for the shotgun that fits him best. That goes with a 60.00$ mossberg to a 15,000.00 Perazzi. ( I shot the perazzi its a custom trap gun for someone who shoots trap proffesionally)
Citori12

Return to Shotgun Forum