OK GUYS I REALLY NEED YOU HELP

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Which one should i get?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:23 pm

Gold
93%
SX2
7%

Total votes : 14

OK GUYS I REALLY NEED YOU HELP

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:23 pm

I've decided to buy either a Browning Gold, Beretta Xtrema2, or a Wincheter SX2... I want a really soft shooting gun, it looks like the Beretta wouldnt kick much out of all of them, but i really like the Gold so does the Gold kick much? I dont want a SBE because of the kick.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys! :smile:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:58 pm

The SBE2 is the way to go if you want a light-recoil gun. i watched an 11 year old shoot 3.5" goose loads out of one and have a great time doing it.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:07 pm

Well you listed 3 guns and only 2 on the pole but if you want a light shooting gun then i'de go for a SBE 2. Most autos don't really kick too much so just don't be a puss and get a good auto that you want. Get one that fits you.
"keep pissin i'm reloadin!"
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:24 pm

IF you have the cash I've sure heard a lot of good about the SBE II.

What happened to the Spartan or Daly?
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:48 pm

Ive never used either of the other two guns, but my Gold is a keeper!

You probably wont be sorry w/ any of those, but I know I really like the Gold :salude:

Good Luck, let us know what you decide.
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:33 am

vikingsfan wrote:Well you listed 3 guns and only 2 on the pole but if you want a light shooting gun then i'de go for a SBE 2. Most autos don't really kick too much so just don't be a puss and get a good auto that you want. Get one that fits you.

No no no i shot a 30-06 when i was 5 years old and didnt mind the kick. The kick doesnt bother me its just i want a low kick gun so i can get back on target quicker.

My dads original SBE packs a good punch, did they improve the recoil on the SBEII?

(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Swamp Puppy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:57 am

yeah..that's the main difference. they cut felt recoil be some ridiculous ammount. 40 or 50 percent or something like that. there has been a number of write-ups on it in various magazines and most people awarded it their gun of the year last year.

it's spendy though...probably around 1300 dollars. the other guns you listed are fine guns. i just thought i'd mention the SBEII since you specifically said you, wanted less recoil.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:55 pm

I shot an Extrema on Monday and it was amazing. I've never shot a semi auto except for a Browning A5 Lite which was never meant for light recoil, but I was amazed at how little recoil that Extrema had. I was looking right down the barrel at the busted clay bird every time, which is not something I'm used to since I shoot an 870.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:13 pm

The comfertech system on the sbe2 is supposed to work great. For me a soft kicking auto doesnt really matter b/c i usually get on target real quick. Being in the gym 3 days a week could help with not feeling as much kick. Plus all your clothing and the adrenaline.
"keep pissin i'm reloadin!"
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:25 pm

First of all my fiance's first shotgun was a browning gold and she loves it. I use the gold 10ga and its a keeper. The berreta is also a fine weapon. Out of the three you asked about the gold and xtrema are the two I would choose. As far as handling and getting on target faster that is all personal preferences. Though Berreta advertises the "softest" shooting gun. You gotta remember marketing is everything. Because I do not necessarily believe that. My white lighting shoots wonderfully and its not a gas auto.
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Gooseboy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:14 pm

vikingsfan wrote:The comfertech system on the sbe2 is supposed to work great. For me a soft kicking auto doesnt really matter b/c i usually get on target real quick. Being in the gym 3 days a week could help with not feeling as much kick. Plus all your clothing and the adrenaline.

I go to Apen (our local super gym) 5 days a week. And like i said its not so much as i feel the kick, it doesnt bother me a bit, i just want less kick for stastistical purposes.

I think i x'd out the gold because it is gas operated, i know the SBEII isnt how about the others? And i could not find the MSRP for the Winchester or Beretta does anyone know of them?

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby MrCamoClad » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:35 pm

[/quote]
I think i x'd out the gold because it is gas operated, i know the SBEII isnt how about the others? And i could not find the MSRP for the Winchester or Beretta does anyone know of them?[/quote]

Hmm......10 votes for the Gold and zero for the SBE and your Xing the Gold out due to being Gas operated ??? Not sure why...... :help:

Isnt the Winchester pretty much the same gun as the Gold ?
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Postby derbyl73 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:23 pm

I have both the super x2, extrema 2, and a browning gold 10 gauge. The super x2 is by far the best of the three. As for soft recoil the extrema 2 has the softest. The only problem with this gun is i am having problems with 3.5 loads hanging up in it, and it doesnt have a very good pattern. I have just quit using mine for the season until i can get it worked on. The super x 2 is a great gun. I bought mine the first year they came out and have shot a couple thousand rounds through mine without any problems.
derbyl73
hunter

Postby take em' 77 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm

go with the SBE II....its awesome...JMO
take em' 77
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:27 pm

vikingsfan wrote:The comfertech system on the sbe2 is supposed to work great. For me a soft kicking auto doesnt really matter b/c i usually get on target real quick. Being in the gym 3 days a week could help with not feeling as much kick. Plus all your clothing and the adrenaline.

The reason you don't care about having a soft shooting gun is because you have one. You go out with an auto 5 magnum with 3" and you'll notice a difference. He's not saying getting on target for the first shot, he's talking about staying on the target through the three shots.

I think i x'd out the gold because it is gas operated, i know the SBEII isnt how about the others? And i could not find the MSRP for the Winchester or Beretta does anyone know of them?

The gold, Extrema II, and the Super X II are all gas operated. There is NOTHING wrong with gas operated actions. I had problems with my Super X II in the beginning because of the lack of lubrication in the action in extremely cold temperatures. I'm quite a bit bigger than you, but still, shooting 3.5" loads out of my Super X II is nothing. Take my word for it, after putting near 3,000 rounds through it sense July through competitive skeet, trap, and clays alone. No telling how many cheap, turkey, and steel loads I've put through it, probably pushing it up near 6,000. It will suit your needs. I got my Super X II for $602 after tax.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:49 am

The Browning and Winchester are basically the same gun, but I prefer the Browning. The Beretta is also a fine gun, so the question between those is comfort and price. The SBE II may advertise lower recoil, but to me still feels like it kicks way more than my Gold. 3.5's out of my Browning is nothing, and I can say that the Xtrema II kicks a bit less than that even.

Get the one that fits, and you will be happier than listening to us ramble on about what we like and dislike. As some guys can tell, I have always liked Brownings and Berettas, and could care less about Benellis. Others are the exact opposite...
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:18 am

puddlerjumper wrote:

The reason you don't care about having a soft shooting gun is because you have one. You go out with an auto 5 magnum with 3" and you'll notice a difference. He's not saying getting on target for the first shot, he's talking about staying on the target through the three shots.

The gold, Extrema II, and the Super X II are all gas operated. There is NOTHING wrong with gas operated actions. I had problems with my Super X II in the beginning because of the lack of lubrication in the action in extremely cold temperatures. I'm quite a bit bigger than you, but still, shooting 3.5" loads out of my Super X II is nothing. Take my word for it, after putting near 3,000 rounds through it sense July through competitive skeet, trap, and clays alone. No telling how many cheap, turkey, and steel loads I've put through it, probably pushing it up near 6,000. It will suit your needs. I got my Super X II for $602 after tax.

What kind of gun does viking have? And you are a hellova lot bigger than me. :yes:

Im thinking of just buying a Benelli Nova 3 1/2 inch right now becuase i can pump real fast and keep up with the Auto shooting guys. I think ill just buy one of these guns when i get a job and can save up enough money.

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:26 am

Im considering the browning silver hunter since it is replacing the A-5 and it looks really nice.

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby wood duck » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:54 pm

i would go with the benelli sbe2 im only 15 but i have been shooting it since i was 12 with 3 1/2 its a very smooth shooting gun i also have a nova i use for pheasents that works good two but id take the sbe2 any day in the duck/goose blind
wood duck
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:20 pm

He has a Mossback 935, it was rough around the edges when he first got it but now it shoots alright.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby texan68 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:01 pm

SBE 1......I don't even notice the recoil....then again I've been shooting double guns all my life.
texan68
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:40 pm

Shee sbe1 has a nice kick to it.

Gooseboy
Banned

Return to Shotgun Forum