benelli SBE 2 problems--any ideas?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Postby kyduck » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:25 pm

Just had to send a formal "email" complaint to the supervisor over the other managers that I have been dealing with. The supervisor declined to speak with me over the phone. I will keep you all updated on this situation. Thanks for the replies and nice words.
kyduck

Hunting in the bluegrass
kyduck
hunter

Postby PowDuck » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:38 pm

Man, I hate to hear that about the customer service. I just got a new SBEII a few weeks ago and I love it. Shoots straight. Shoots 1oz loads fine. Kills the turkeys dead.

I hope it works out for you. I guess it's like someone said earlier. Some are great others are lemons.
Romans 8:28
PowDuck
hunter

Postby quackhunter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:57 am

This thread makes me more convinced that Buying an SX2 was the way to go. I had originally wanted a SBEII but this and the issues with the bolt coming out of battery and the slow ejection on overhead shots makes me think twice. Plus with the boatload of cash I saved I can get a boatload of new decoys :mrgreen:
quackhunter
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:35 pm

Theres a guy on the benelli forum that sais his is shooting 3 inches to the right also.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby kyduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:28 pm

new update....I called Benelli to speak with the head of the head of the customer service dept. They would not speak to me personally...and asked that I write a letter. I was not real happy about that, but never the less I wrote a 3 page essay of the situation. They called me the next day, leaving a message saying that they would give me an offer. The offer was to replace my gun with a new one. I was skeptical to begin with, and I would only accept the offer if that gun was inspected and shot and then found to have no flaws. It still doesn't do much about the time and money and not having my gun for turkey season but oh well. They requested that I send back my original gun also before they send the new one. The transaction has not yet occured, but when it does I will repost.
kyduck

Hunting in the bluegrass
kyduck
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:56 pm

Good to hear. Guess youll have to use something else for turkey got any other shotguns? Its now safe to buy my Benelli.

(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby kyduck » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:38 am

yep...got the old gobbler this past weekend with the good old remington 870.
kyduck

Hunting in the bluegrass
kyduck
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:34 pm

Nothing better than an 870!

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby thaner » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:31 am

I have heard bad things about just about everyone’s customer service , but mostly about Beretta and Benelli. I had an SBE 1 that shoot about 2 feet low at 40 yards. I took it back to the store and got my money back. I have a bunch of Beretta's and have had no issues. Beretta has been good so far with a couple issues on some accessories.

Don’t ever expect to get an e-mail answered for just about any company, but it you want to see how good their customer service is try an e-mail. If you get a response you are dealing with a good company in my experience.

My Xtreama is not one of the left shooters thankfully. I just got an M2 and flat out love that gun. It's the nicest shooting and handling auto I have ever used. It shoots about 4” high with the bead flat on the rib, but I like it because it shoots to the same point as my sporting clays gun. I adjusted the Xtrema to shoot to the same point so all my heavy use guns shoot the same. I hope I don't have a problem and need customer support from Beretta or Benelli on a gun.

I think it pays to go to a good store that will treat you right and stand behind the gun if you are getting a Benelli or Beretta. They are fantastic guns if they are all right when you get them but hard to get fixed if they are not right.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby twelve_bore » Mon May 01, 2006 3:58 pm

Just for everyone's information, I did have a problem with the SBE that I bought a while back----------BUT-----BUT--------the customer service dept. promsed to take care of my issues and they DID! I am sorry to hear that some of you guys have had problems with those guys at Benelli, but I have to say in my case, it was resolved to my satisfaction with no extended B.S.
twelve_bore
hunter

Postby kyduck » Wed May 10, 2006 9:16 am

Just got my new gun today...it appears that it was test fired at Benelli, because the barrel still had powder debris in it. There was no test target or any info with the gun. The choke tubes actually seat the way that they should this time. I won't have a chance to test fire it for a week or so though--so we will see if it is really the way that it should be then. I have had no phone call or anything since my last offer for a new gun to update me or check to see if I had gotten my new gun yet. Gotta love customer service :hammering:
But anyway I do have a new gun without the choke tube problem anymore.
kyduck

Hunting in the bluegrass
kyduck
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Wed May 10, 2006 3:27 pm

kyduck wrote:Just got my new gun today...it appears that it was test fired at Benelli, because the barrel still had powder debris in it. There was no test target or any info with the gun. The choke tubes actually seat the way that they should this time. I won't have a chance to test fire it for a week or so though--so we will see if it is really the way that it should be then. I have had no phone call or anything since my last offer for a new gun to update me or check to see if I had gotten my new gun yet. Gotta love customer service :hammering:
But anyway I do have a new gun without the choke tube problem anymore.

Alright, lets hope it works.

Gooseboy
Banned

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum