All opinions welcome and needed

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

All opinions welcome and needed

Postby johanvanderwalt » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:48 am

1) For Browning shotgun fans:
Which is the best Browning shotgun for clay pigeon shooting?

2) For Beretta shotgun fans:
Which is the best Beretta shotgun for clay pigeon shooting?

3) For Remington shotgun fans:
Which is the best Remington shotgun for clay pigeon shooting?
johanvanderwalt
Newb

Postby Citori12 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:26 am

Browning Over and unders choice number 1
Berretta Over and unders choice number 2
Browning gold gas autos number 3
Berrata gas autos number 4
Remington 11-87 choice number four.

The reason I answered this way is for sporting clay shooting you will be negotiating dual targets at each station either report pair or true pair. A auto or over and under is the only way to go on some ranges as if you do not get onto your target quick and be able to follow up on the second target very fast your at a disadvantage. So for some one that may not have resources for a good sporting clays gun I would go with 11-87. They are priced in the 600.00 dollar range and I have seen used ones cheaper still.
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby stuka1166 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:50 pm

I have been shooting sporting clays for about 7 years now, and have owned all of the above shotguns.

I agree that the Browning O/U are the better "Browning" guns to shoot...Cost permitting.

Personally, I am a Beretta fan, I have had 2 auto's and currently shoot an O/U...The O/U's are nice, especially in Sporting Clays, because you can have 2 completely different shots in distance, you now have 2 barrels with 2 different choke tubes in them, to pick the best pattern, for the shot.

I have shot with pro's who opted for the Beretta Auto's...Again, whatever works for you.

I agree with Citori...The 11-87 is a darn good gun, reasonably priced. I have seen them used for as little as $375.00-$400.00

The newer "Sporting Versions" of the 11-87 are a little more pricey...

At the time, I had more $$$ then brains...I could afford to buy a new gun each week, until I found the "right" one for me.

Make sure the gun fits you right...No matter what the gun, if it doesn't fit, your scores will suffer.

Hope this helps...

Let us know, what you decided on...
stuka1166
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:43 pm

Never shot anything that didn't have a pulse! :cool:
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum