X-MAS Shotgun

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

X-MAS Shotgun

Postby teal_tormentor » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:44 am

Hello fellas,
I've decided to give my Grandson a shotgun for Xmas this year.
I'm considering a Stoeger 2000 or Charles Daly field hunter VR-MC. I would like some insight from owners of these firearms please. I've read several reviews both negatives and positives for each choice. He always tells me "Grandpa, when I can afford it, I'm going to get a Daly or a Stoeger." The boy is only 16 so he doesn't have much spending power. Personally I want to get him an 11-87, but he's told me time & time again that he doesn't like it. Yes, I understand the sight has already covered these 2 firearms. I need thorough details, rather than it's a great gun and many guys are using them. Thanks
Take a youngster hunting today instead of taking him to rehab tomorrow.
teal_tormentor
hunter

Postby CLo » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:59 pm

Break in your daily before you buy it. I had a friend who shot about 500 rounds trough it before the duck opener. No problems...until he gets up to Washington for the duck opener and a spring in the shell realese breaks. Really a three dollar part....but in the middle of opening day...priceless. He had to hand feed each shell for the rest of the shoot.

Why not an 870. Great gun...it will at last your grandson through his teenage years and his childrens as well. If he ever drops it in the mud wash it off with a water house, oil it up...back to work like new. An auto for a young hunter can spell problems if he is not careful.

Best of luck
CLO
CLo
Newb

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:37 pm

Stoeger cause it uses the Benelli SBE inertia system.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby mattuluz » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:16 pm

My friend owns a gun shop, and he has sold 8 Dalys and 5 of them had the same problem. When he talked to the company, they acted like they never heard of the problem, hmmmm......
mattuluz
hunter

Postby gander lander » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:27 am

consider a mossberg 935. awesome gun
Isaiah 40:30-31
gander lander
Newb

Postby Zeemann » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:54 pm

Anything but the Charles Daily. My friend bought one and had so many problems with it. I have had a mossberg 500 for years now. I dropped it in the water and mud and it still kept fireing. I also have a Remington 11-87 also no trouble what so ever
Zeemann
hunter

Postby TWO GSPS » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:11 am

CHECK OUT THE BENELLI NOVA, IT'S A VERY RELIABLE FIREARM.IT COMES WITH REMOVEABLE CHOKES IN BOTH BLACK AND CAMO FOR A LITTLE EXTRA. THEY'RE A LOT LESS EXPENSIVE THAN YOU'D THINK. YOU CAN SHOOT 2 3/4" SHELLS TO START HIM OUT AND GRADUATE TO THE 3 1/2" IF HE NEEDS LATER ON DOWN THE ROAD. THATS MY 2 CENTS.
TWO GSPS
hunter

Postby donell67 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:29 am

i like the nova also. its a great gun.i have 2.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby steelshooter » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:12 pm

I like the stoger very reliable and fun to shoot, have'nt had a lick of trouble out of mine and i cant count how many boxes of shells i've fired thru it, but i reckon only time will tell how long it will stand up.
steelshooter
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:08 am

I agree with gander lander, a mossburg 935 auto, or a 835 pump would be a good choice.

-SR
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum