Winchester SX2 info?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Winchester SX2 info?

Postby gone winchester » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:44 am

Im thinking of buying a new Super X 2, does anyone have any input on the Super X 2? Likes/Dislikes? Durabale and Reliable? worth the money?

Thanks for your help!! :salude:
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
gone winchester
Banned

Postby geeterman » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:37 am

I bought 1 last year. I love it. Mine is a 3.5 in with 26" barrel, works good in the field, in the blind, and shooting clays. It has very similar features to the browning gold. Browning and Winchester are owned by the same holding company and share a lot of their r&d info. Kinda like chevy and gmc....Shared technology. I give it a thumbs up. :thumbsup:
geeterman
hunter

Postby Major Woods » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:12 am

My father has one for 2 years now, he likes it very much. No negative issues to date.
Thousands on the boat.
Hundreds on decoys.
Time away from the wife....priceless
Major Woods
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:47 am

The X2 is a product of Browning and Winchester as said before. I bought a 1300 XTR pump eon's ago and it worked fine but did not hold up after a few years of hard labor. The winchester rifles have always been top notch however, and I see in the X2 where winchester is trying to provide a better quality auto at a reasonable price. I think its worth looking into.
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby MrCamoClad » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:27 pm

The Winchester is a great gun.

I went to the gun store to buy one - but ended up getting the Browning Gold - it was 100 bucks more.

They are basically the same gun - but if you put them next to each other - you can tell why the Browning is a little more money. It seems Browning spends a little more time with the fit and finish.
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:37 am

:withstupid: The Browning gold is indeed a upgrade to the X-2. My fiance bought a women's model browning gold. The gun is fitted with a shorter length of pull but its designed with a full butt stock. This is her first year using a shotgun for clays and birds. The gun has performed flawlessly even in sleet and cold. Its only a 2 3/4" gun but boy she shoots pretty well with it being a first time shotgunner.
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby MrCamoClad » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:53 pm

Just out of curosity...whats with the :withstupid: - on the above post ??
MrCamoClad
State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:15 pm

MrCamoClad wrote:Just out of curosity...whats with the :withstupid: - on the above post ??

It isnt an insult, its just a comical way of saying you agree w/ the person above, or the person that you quoted :thumbsup:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby gone winchester » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:08 am

SO THE BROWNING IS THE WAY TO GO THEN? I TRY THE BROWNING WHEN I GO TO DECIDE WHICH ONE I WANT
"Please be 18"-Ricky Bobby
gone winchester
Banned

Return to Shotgun Forum