benelli super vinci

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

benelli super vinci

Postby austinjwilhide » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:12 am

thinking about getting the new super vinci 3.5 just wanted to see everyones thoughts on that i own a sbe2 already
austinjwilhide
hunter

Re: benelli super vinci

Postby TomKat » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:14 am

Go get 2 of them!
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Slipperhead » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:32 am

Great, new innovative design but some seem to struggle with its appearance. Give it a whirl and tell us what you think. You will be uniquely qualified to give feedback regarding the new gun vs. the SBEII! New guns are fun!
Garland Hanson
Midlothian, Virginia

"Humpbacks only look good on camels!"
Slipperhead
hunter

Postby DucksDown07 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:35 pm

I think you make entirely too much money :hammer:
But why would you own a sbe2 and super vinci? Essentially the same gun (3.5" chamber I mean) so there's no point in it, but a nice sporting gun or something like that...something different
Some people say, "if it flies, it dies"
I'm on record the "if it just sits there, it still dies"
-Phil Robertson, The Duck Commander
DucksDown07
hunter

Postby wtrfowl07 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:31 pm

I would look for an SBE you could always install a Wolf recoil and mag spring, and get a black gun camo dipped to make it fancy looking and a more reliable shooter. I just picked up a black SBE for $840, and its getting dipped right now. I also had both Wolf springs installed.
wtrfowl07
hunter

Postby austinjwilhide » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:13 pm

benelii super vinci and the sbe2 are and awesome combo :beer:
austinjwilhide
hunter

Postby njonesy_07 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:46 pm

wtrfowl07 wrote:I would look for an SBE you could always install a Wolf recoil and mag spring, and get a black gun camo dipped to make it fancy looking and a more reliable shooter. I just picked up a black SBE for $840, and its getting dipped right now. I also had both Wolf springs installed.

I'd go with this recommendation, if you're okay with settling on an older model of shotgun. Nothing wrong with an original SBE either...does the same thing as a Super Vinci. I also really like the Wolf springs, I have a 25% stronger recoil spring in my M2 Field and that's one of the best things I've done for that gun!!

Honestly, I'd pick up any other Benelli semi auto before a Vinci :lol3:
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby Fowl'in up NORTH » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Personally I would go with the super vinci I got it and you jsut can't beat it to me it shoulder and point way better than a sbe2(now that's not saying it wont for you) I went to SD last weekend snow goose hunting and it held up perfect In 30 temps
Fowl'in up NORTH
hunter

Postby Dedduc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:01 am

wtrfowl07 wrote:I would look for an SBE you could always install a Wolf recoil and mag spring, and get a black gun camo dipped to make it fancy looking and a more reliable shooter. I just picked up a black SBE for $840, and its getting dipped right now. I also had both Wolf springs installed.

Why would he do this if he has a SBE 2 already?? I have 3 SBE and 1 SBE2 and the Super Vinci is the best pointing one of them all. Who cares about how they look, there a tool for hunting! Buy the Super Vici and dont look back! :thumbsup:
Dedduc
hunter

Postby elwoodUT » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Planning to buy a Super Vinci by October, everyone I have spoke to that has a Vinci loves it. They are kinda ticked that they bought it and now they came out with a 3 1/2" version. They are very pricey though. Anyone had any problems with theirs? This will be my first Benelli. I appreciate any help you can give.
I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Thomas Edison
elwoodUT
hunter

Postby C M Wings » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:50 pm

'Nelli's are great - point really fast. They are LIGHT up front, so you have to really make a deliberate swing, and some guys don't like that. But for getting on target fast, no gun is better.

Don't forget to look at the exterma 2. A little more conventional feel - recoil system is the ticket for big shells.

Ducks
Ducks
C M Wings
hunter

Postby Slipperhead » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:54 am

So, Austin, did you pull the trigger and buy the SV? If not, please go buy it today and let us know how it compares with the iconic SBE!

Garland
Garland Hanson
Midlothian, Virginia

"Humpbacks only look good on camels!"
Slipperhead
hunter

Postby ddragon47 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:28 am

I have shot them both and I went with the Vinci it fit's better and shoots nice. :biggrin:
"I Didn't Come This Far To Miss!"
ddragon47
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:37 pm

The Vinci is just too ugly for me to even consider it, no matter how good it shoots. I had much rather have a new SBE1 or a new M1 which I already have.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby yroy27 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi folks I am new to this chat form. I just bought the super vinci max 4 28" about 5 hrs ago. I took it home got some ammo for break in. I picked up every odd ball high brass to 3.5 inch target loads 3 inch and 2 3/4 high brass. The brands were all sorts kents to remington to cheap walmart stuff. I shot the 3.5" inch first 1 box for brake in. then I went on to shoot the 3" and 2 3/4 high brass. about 60 rounds of that stuff total. Not one jam. Honest then I went to the junk shells but they were 3 dram 1 1/8 ounce 7 1/5 shot. I shot 1 box no jams. Then I did what I was told not to do. Shoot shells under 3 drams. It fed about 5 ok then it jamed on 2. Cant't blame the gun because they tell you in the video not to shoot anything under 1 1/8 ounce. I really like the gun. I thought it performed very well out of the box no cleaning just shoot it. The 3 1/2 inch kents with 1 1/4 ounce rocked me pretty good. I had 4 people shooting the gun 2 adults and 2 15 year olds. The gun never jamed on any of us until we put the 1 ounce loads in. You could tell the bolt did not go back far enough to catch the next shell. I mixed up the shells with 1 1/8 ounce to 3.5" no problems. So this is my first test out of the box super vinci. As far as ugly goes the gun is better looking then I am so how can I complain. With the 3.5 inch the front of the trigger guard did hit my finger but it wasn't enough to cry about. If a goose fell out of the air I would never notice it. I shoot 3.5 inch in a over and under if you want something to rock you.
yroy27
Newb

Postby njonesy_07 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:23 pm

yroy27 wrote:Cant't blame the gun because they tell you in the video not to shoot anything under 1 1/8 ounce.

My M2 Field will cycle 1oz. loads all day long, thats even with a 25% stronger recoil spring installed. It'll cycle the same 1oz. loads from the hip each time w/o the stronger spring....but my guns has some time to break in aswell. I'd be the more you shoot that gun, the better it will cycle those light loads. :thumbsup:
Jonesy
njonesy_07
State Moderator

Postby elwoodUT » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:14 pm

I have been looking into buying a Super Vinci for about a month now. From what i have seen and heard i am sold on it. Got some seriouse $$$ to save in the next couple months for it though.
I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Thomas Edison
elwoodUT
hunter

Postby 7outRyan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:59 pm

i just got mine june-11 26" in max 4 and it is the best feeling gun i have ever picked up. i really love it. hope to kill 100 ducks this yr.
7outRyan
Newb

Postby ducks78 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:05 pm

This will probably be my next shotgun. I shouldered one at a local dealer and it feels good, shoulders quick, and points good! I like it! Dont bash it till your try it....
ducks78
hunter

Postby DRWaterfowl » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:37 am

I own a Super Vinci and have since they first came out. I like the gun and the way it shoots but I am a guide and extremely hard on equipment. Every now and then when I shoot at birds directly overhead, the Inertia Driven system in the gun doesn't have enough power to load another shell like a gas operated gun such as a Beretta or Browning. This isn't a problem if the gun is clean but once you encounter any mud it becomes an issue. I have considered selling it and buying the Browning Maxxus but I have also heard bad things about them. Probably should stop being so lazy and just clean the gun after every hunt! After all, it is the easiest gun in the world to clean... :hammer:
DRWaterfowl
Newb

Postby TheRDJ » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Dedduc wrote:Why would he do this if he has a SBE 2 already?? I have 3 SBE and 1 SBE2 and the Super Vinci is the best pointing one of them all. Who cares about how they look, there a tool for hunting! Buy the Super Vici and dont look back! :thumbsup:

You sir, should run for office. Finally somebody who makes some sense around here. I find it so hard to comprehend that a bunch of buys who tool around in boats that are meant to look like floating mud piles with grass growing out of them, dressed in head-to-toe camo, really care how pretty their gun looks.
I have a super vinci and I like it. I was torn between the SBE2 and the SV. I bought the SV because it has newer technology and is so easy to take down and clean. (I still would love to get my hands on a SBE or SBE2 though)
TheRDJ
hunter

Postby Joshuapar » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Great gun! Worth the money, take apart in 20 seconds! I love mine, it will shoot whatever I need! But it slaughters the ducks! Had a great end of season with it!
Joshuapar
Newb

Postby TROB » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:58 pm

wow, dug up a 3 year old post for that.....

thanks.
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum