10 Guage?!?!

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Postby pennsyltucky » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:59 am

CrackerJackShot wrote:LMAO!! :laughing: I dont have to worry bout the wife part just yet!! All I gots a girl friend of 8 months!!! Proly wont be married for another half a year. But let me tell you, even afterwards, she still aint gonna have a say over that stuff!!!! :thumbsup: :toofunny:

did u get one of them guns i linked for u yet? turkey season is comin soon
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby CrackerJackShot » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:26 am

Yeah Ive been lookin at those. Im really tryin to get one with camo AND at least 26 inches on the barrel. There IS one that JUST got put up that is all black. It has a 26 inch barrel but it has some very stylish engravings on the side that I like.
CrackerJackShot
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:24 pm

how bout 2 10ga's in one??
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=44357036

haha this is exactly the same as mine. sold under a different name.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Ducksbeus » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:46 pm

CrackerJackShot wrote:LMAO!! :laughing: I dont have to worry bout the wife part just yet!! All I gots a girl friend of 8 months!!! Proly wont be married for another half a year. But let me tell you, even afterwards, she still aint gonna have a say over that stuff!!!! :thumbsup: :toofunny:

:toofunny: :toofunny: Lets see what tune your hummin' in about 10 years after a couple kids :eek: :eek: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Find ya somethin' with screw in chokes...Todays high pressure steel rounds aren't meant for some of them oldies...All this talk about a 10 gauge may find ME bidding against YOU :cool: :cool: :cool:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:43 pm

After owning an 835 Mossberg, would never buy another one. The dang things have such an overbore that you might as well over bore a 20 ga to 10ga diameter if your going to throw 1 9/16oz of shot through em. On the other hand my 10ga has little felt recoil and can fling steel as fast as you can pull the trigger and it likes big shot.
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby D-hof » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:44 pm

I want a 10ga to i have been looking for about 4 months and still havn't found one in my price range and in good shape i am willing to pay about $700 and i want a semi. one of my freinds has one he loves it he say it will give extra distance when he needs it for shoting geese so i can't wait to get one :yes: :yes: :yes: tell me if some one finds on online or if u have one to sell :thumbsup:
D-hof
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:00 pm

Both my Browning gold hunter 10ga and my remington SP-10 have 26" tubes on them. This helps with handling. The 10ga is a specialty gun. It does not shoot any further than a 410. What it does do is handle large shot extremely well. In addition it handles large payloads better than a 12ga. This gives more even denser patterns with shot sizes #2 and larger. It does have a little more reach in the hands of someone that knows how to use one, only because it patterns big shot well!!!!
Citori12

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:50 pm

CrackerJackShot wrote: But let me tell you, even afterwards, she still aint gonna have a say over that stuff!!!! :thumbsup: :toofunny:

YEAH RIGHT>>ImageImageImage
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:52 pm

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: But then kids grow up and then buying a 10ga is easier.... :laughing: :laughing:

But then I guess because I knew they would not get cheaper, I bought mine when I could, she always thought I had a girlfriend at the office when really I was workin side jobs to buy my 10ga guns....do not have the woman anymore but I still got the 10ga guns heeee :laughing: :laughing:
Citori12

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:39 pm

D-hof wrote:I want a 10ga to i have been looking for about 4 months and still havn't found one in my price range and in good shape i am willing to pay about $700 and i want a semi. one of my freinds has one he loves it he say it will give extra distance when he needs it for shoting geese so i can't wait to get one :yes: :yes: :yes: tell me if some one finds on online or if u have one to sell :thumbsup:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=50060773
already has an imp cyl choke for shootin steel

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=49965595
chop it to 28" and have screw-in's installed

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=49784219
this one would be worth going over budget on.

and the sweetest 10 on gunbroker:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=49955852
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:10 pm

The Ithca's are fixed choke shotguns so to have some leaway with chokes you would have to have something installed. The Ithca's are very simular to the remington SP-10 in which remington bought the manufacturing rights for the ithca gun. The browning stalker would be a fair deal. The O/U is also fixed choke so you would not have too much choice but to use full full...in that gun....But the prices are reasonable.
Citori12

Postby pennsyltucky » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:08 am

the am arms O/U was just cuz its cool. its tha same gun that my uncle uses. good gun. they are built like a brick house. same as my sxs.

for the money the browning was the best deal, if u really had to have a semi auto.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:28 am

Owning a 10ga is for those of us that want ultimate performance in big heavy birds such as canadian geese. I have owned 2 for over 10 years and use them as "specialty" guns. I discovered that having interchangable chokes and developing good solid load/choke combo's make the 10ga a very effective late season heavy bird gun. I choose to use 26" barrels on my 10ga guns as the 30" barrels were cumbersome to use in pits and blinds. This does not effect the performance when using 10ga loads. My choke constrictions that work the best for me are aftermarket hastings as most manufactures of 10ga guns have decided that tight chokes are what shooters of 10ga guns want. I have discovered that more open chokes provide and incredible performance factor when using a 10ga. Remember a 10ga will not majically knock down 80 yard ducks and geese. What it does do is provide excellent patterns with large shot and handles that shot with extreme effeciency. For my duck hunting my 3" 12ga guns are the rave. For geese on public property where others like to shoot at decoying geese over your decoys it provides 45-50 yard effectives unmatched by other waterfowl guns. Using a 10ga takes some time and practice as they are heavy, and bulky. Using a 10ga in a layout blind is a chore on to its own. Once you have gotten used to the massiveness of a 10ga however, it is the go to gun in tough waterfowling conditions.
Good luck with the purchase!!
C12
Citori12

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum