Benelli or Beretta

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Benelli or Beretta

Postby jcsolution » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:54 pm

Looking to buy a new shotgun. I was looking at the Benelli Super black eagle 2 and the beretta extrema. Has anybody shot both and how do they compare.
jcsolution
Newb

Postby puddlerjumper » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:26 pm

You probably aren't going to get a whole lot of answers, because this topic has been beaten to death. Try doing a few searches, heck, just go through a few pages on this forum, and you'll find all you need to know.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:27 pm

they both are about the best semi's you can get so shooting wise they are equal... have you shouldered them both yet?... if not do that first thing before you try to make up your mind... if you have and still dont know which one to get try drawing straws... or ennie meenie miney moe it... you wont be disappointed with either choice
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby duck hunter cam » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:22 pm

Go with the Super Black Eagle 2. :getdown:
It's only sky busting if u miss.
duck hunter cam
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:52 pm

They both have the same owner and from what i hear are both very reliable guns. I would get the SBE II simply because it is supposodly easier to clean.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby bgoldhunter » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:28 pm

Beretta...wouldn't touch the SBE II....
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby BurnZ » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:34 pm

I agree with gooseboy, SBE are little bit easier to take apart and clean. But either way you go you are going to get a good gun. There are hundreds of threads on this floating around the internet. and they all get the same responses. The owners of the Berretta say extrema's the best, and the owners of the Benelli say the SBE 2 is the best. And those who have shot them both are split about 50/50. Go to the gun shop, shoulder them both, and go with wich ever one feels the best. I wouldn't beleve the all critisism that you hear against each gun. They are both quality.
BurnZ
hunter

Postby twelve_bore » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:16 pm

I was just looking at the official Beretta web page that details the the features of the Extrema II. In the second paragraph down it discusses the sizes of 12 gauge ammo it will handle. According to the text it will fire anything from the two and three-quarter target loads through the THREE and ONE-QUARTER inch magnum shells. If they don't even know the shells their gun is designed to handle--------- maybe you should buy the Benelli!! Check it out below.

http://www.berettausa.com/product/spotl ... trema2.cfm
twelve_bore
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:51 pm

bgoldhunter wrote:Beretta...wouldn't touch the SBE II....

Why is that?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby bgoldhunter » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:46 pm

For one, I am not comfortable at all with them. That alone would not keep me from reccomending them, as there are several guns that don't fit me that I think are good guns.

I don't reccomend them because I have seen too many SBE (I & II's) break in the field, including my own (and I sure don't have that gun now). One guy I know with a new SBE II that he paid 1400 bucks for takes his 'ol Mossy in the truck as backup. One season, and it has broken on him about every 3rd time.

I'd take my 11-87 way before I take out a SBE.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:47 pm

Buy one of each :yes: :yes: :yes:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby eric1 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:37 am

SBE 2, you will love it. I havent had any problems with mine. Extremely light, but kicks a bit.
eric1
hunter

Postby Deaddekes » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:30 pm

twelve_bore wrote:I was just looking at the official Beretta web page that details the the features of the Extrema II. In the second paragraph down it discusses the sizes of 12 gauge ammo it will handle. According to the text it will fire anything from the two and three-quarter target loads through the THREE and ONE-QUARTER inch magnum shells. If they don't even know the shells their gun is designed to handle--------- maybe you should buy the Benelli!! Check it out below.

http://www.berettausa.com/product/spotl ... trema2.cfm

thats because the last 1/4" of the shell is crimped. The shells actually do measure 3 1/4 inches, until fired.
Deaddekes
Newb

Postby Marshwalker » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:47 pm

wow this topic has been posted a lot latley.
anyways berreta over benelli anyday.
Arise...Kill.. and eat
- Acts 10:13

"Kill a crow, Save a duck".
Marshwalker
hunter

Postby eric1 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:25 pm

Benelli all the way.
eric1
hunter

Postby plainsman » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:52 pm

Neither.....buy American :hammering: :hammering:
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby Mallard Man » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:23 pm

Benelli is the best, go with benelli :getdown:
Mallard Man
hunter

Postby thaner » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:55 pm

bgoldhunter wrote:For one, I am not comfortable at all with them. That alone would not keep me from reccomending them, as there are several guns that don't fit me that I think are good guns.

I don't reccomend them because I have seen too many SBE (I & II's) break in the field, including my own (and I sure don't have that gun now). One guy I know with a new SBE II that he paid 1400 bucks for takes his 'ol Mossy in the truck as backup. One season, and it has broken on him about every 3rd time.

I'd take my 11-87 way before I take out a SBE.

I hear this stuff a lot about the Benelli guns. I own one, also have a couple Beretta auto's and Remingtons as well. Nevere had a problem with any of them. So tell me what keeps breaking on all you and your friends Benellis?
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby PADuckhunter » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:15 pm

I would go with the Benelli. If you could find even an older used SBEI you would be happy.
PADuckhunter
hunter

Postby VTduckman » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:08 pm

Im with plainsman- Buy American, good, cheap, reliable guns, besides, the job you save could be your own.

I own a Mossberg 500a, 835 waterfowl edition, and a Remington 870, both Mossys are good, the Remington flat out sucks, but mabey it is just a lemon, I am not sure.

But i would go with a Mossberg, although i see you are interested in semi-autos, and i have never shot a 935(semi- 835), i am sure there a good gun.
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail
Hooded Merganser
VTduckman
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum