Russian junker

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Russian junker

Postby river hawk » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:07 am

Well love em or hate em they work i love mine, this guy as a grudge against his but proves a point they work ok.http://www.svmag.com/test_baikal.wmv
river hawk
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:32 pm

seems to work pretty good to me. i love my o/u. i wouldnt expect any gun made by anyone to work even that good full of mud and water.

thats why i love my break action guns. throw it in a mud bog and run trucks thru it, and i bet it will still kill geese :) the semi auto's probably wont
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:57 pm

Next year will be the sixth season for mine and I have never had any troubles with it. I have shot 1 ounce pmc loads through it up to 1 9/16 oz steel loads with no trouble. Even if it does fail I can buy three of them for what one benelli super black eagle costs. The guys I hunt with use benellis and brownings and they have all had trouble. I love mine and will continue to use them until someone comes out with a better product for the money. :yes:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:32 pm

Tough to beat the baikal on value. I went out and shot a round of clay recently with one of mine and it functioned flawlessly.

I use them for back up guns but they kill ducks just as well as my SBE - actually they are quite a bit lighter of a hit when it comes to recoil. The finish demands either dipping or a lot of black pen maintenance.

A bit tubby in the forearm for me... but unbeatable value. I've only had mine for about 2-3 years and in that time I did manage to screw one up pretty bad... I tuned the gas valve way down and then shot some 3.5 mag shells through it which caused a bent part in the action. Dumb move on my side... Doy!

I fixed it with needle nose pliers and the hammer side of a roofers axe. So they are pretty easy to repair. Took me a couple days to reckon the problem and then 3 minutes to fix.

I give the Baikall a big thumb up for value... rough but funtional.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Joel » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:07 pm

Im sold on them
make sure you scrach my Cooder, tickle my Cricket and feed Jake <thats my pups>
Joel
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:38 am

I took a tumble in the South platte river with my 11-87 and it had water, sand and crud in it. On the next flight of ducks and those after it shot flawlessly. Only it was plugged at 3 shells. But it was an interesting demo.
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby casey_714 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:36 pm

Nice way to clean of your gun :toofunny:
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby Erik Olsen » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:28 pm

has anyone had problems with there baikal in the whatchamajiger on the end of the thingy. actually the fitting that you turn to adjust for heavy and light loads is stuck has anyone had this.
"pass me some ammo" Oh crap you shoot three and a half!"
Erik Olsen
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:43 am

Haven't had the gas adjustment stick, but I did turn it to much and completely unscrew it. Have you done that? It may be cross threaded.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Erik Olsen » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:13 am

nope havent done that headed to the gunsmith tonight to let him take care of it
"pass me some ammo" Oh crap you shoot three and a half!"
Erik Olsen
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:58 pm

No never done that. :oops:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:12 pm

I got a secret.......I can do that with either my O/U without issue....of course I cannot shoot 100 rounds in 10 seconds I leave that for my .45 colts but I need 10 of them both handed to make that kind of impact..ANY good shotgun can do this and even worse an m14, m1, can do it better an m-16 does not like it...tooo well....My O/U are more reliable than any pump or auto I know of so when there is ice forming on your gun barrel cause the birds have not flown yet and its freezing drizzle I will bet any of my shotguns will make that test....but first they have to be in the hands of someone that knows how they should be maintained....any manufacture, make, model or action can survive this providing that the person owning such firearm, has done his or her proper maintenience....but given my druthers.....my O/U's cannot shoot as fast or as many but who needs 10 shots for one bird anyway????????
Citori12

Postby ol' yeller » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:36 am

I can do that with my O/U as well, but it's just not as fun. O/U's lack in the entertainment area. I think it's worth shooting an auto just to watch the empty casings fly out and hit my buddy's cheek to the right of me. You can't do that in the heat of battle with an O/U. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:43 am

Eviodently no one has seen my extractors work on my Citori...I can pop those empties into my buddies pocket. And or hit the squirrel chattering in the tree behind me if I open it just right!! :laughing: :laughing:
Citori12

Postby ol' yeller » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:00 am

A buddy of mine has a Citori that will flat out launch those empties into the next county.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby jumpshooter » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:44 pm

looks like a good gun to me
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
jumpshooter
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum