Which is better??? Comfortech pad or Limsaver, Kick-Eez exc.

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Which is better??? Comfortech pad or Limsaver, Kick-Eez exc.

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:50 pm

Which pad do you guys think would reduce recoil the most the Comfertech pad or a factory pad like Limbsaver, Kick-Eez, or another one?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:05 pm

just get the limbsaver gb. get the slip on model. u wont regret it i promise.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:13 pm

Well i was thinking about that. But i would rather just have a single recoil pad instead of a slip on.

Is it true that the Limbsaver is sorta sticky also?

(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby twelve_bore » Mon May 01, 2006 4:08 pm

Go get an X-Coil pad made by Hi-viz. I have one on my SBE and it works better than the Limbsaver I used previously. It looks nicer too!
twelve_bore
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Wed May 03, 2006 5:25 pm

Well gooseboy......you choose which one works better for you.....for me a slimmer pad works better for ducks and a thicker cushier one works when I am shooting 200+ targets a day...my guns have shims to compensate for length of pull for all....
C12
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Goody454 » Mon May 08, 2006 10:40 am

Gooseboy wrote:Well i was thinking about that. But i would rather just have a single recoil pad instead of a slip on.

Is it true that the Limbsaver is sorta sticky also?

I just got a Limbsaver for my 870 supermag a couple of maonths ago, and it does wonders better than the stock pad. The pad isnt sticky but it does feel like its made of a gel-like substance. I highly recomend this pad, especially if you like to shoot size-T 3.5" shells... ouch
Goody454
Newb

Postby Citori12 » Mon May 08, 2006 1:27 pm

Even better yet get a gun that fits and do not shoot 3 1/2" shells at doves and targets. I reality felt recoil comes from more of shotgun fit than it does the recoil pad. I can shoot 10ga guns all day long if they fit me correctly. Of course to each his own. the reason I do not own a 7lb 3 1/2" 12ga gun is because they are terrible when it comes to handling heavy ammo...get a nice 10lb 10ga and be free!!!!!! :laughing:
Citori12

Postby Gooseboy » Mon May 08, 2006 4:00 pm

:toofunny:

No im just looking for lower barrel lift and bieng able to shoot 5000 shots a day without my shoulder hurting.

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby jjohnson_714 » Mon May 08, 2006 4:50 pm

a little bruising never killed anyone... plus it makes you feel like you are alive... :getdown:
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby thaner » Mon May 08, 2006 7:37 pm

Comfortech pad is only on the comfortech stocks. As far as I know no one makes an aftermarket pad for the comfortech and comfortech has no pads for other guns so there is kind of no point in comparing if you are looking for one to get for your gun. However, I do have a comfortech on an M2 and I would say it is between the Kick-eez and Limbsaver for soft feel. The comfortech is nice and smooth so it mounts like the Kick-eez but has a softer feel like the limbsaver. It seams to work good for me. The only thing I don’t like is it is very soft and I think a little fragile. You need to take good care of it or I think you could damage it.

I can't comment on the Hi Viz pad because I don't have one but I have heard good things.

I have several Kick-eez pads on target shotguns and they were the best for felt recoil as far as I am concerned until the Limbsaver came along. I have a limbsaver on my 870 sup. mag. and I like it but the 870 is stocked a little short so I have no problems getting the gun up. I have a friend with a 686 sporting with a Limbsaver and it is long for me and it hangs up due to the ribs and sticky sort of feel of the pad. He has longer arms and loves the Limbsaver. If it had no ribs and a hard heal cap like some of the sporting pads it would be better for target gun length stocks IMHO. I would think in the future they may come out with some different versions. I also have a limbsaver on my Encore. That is also a shorter stock that had a thick pad so I have no problem with it and it is way better than the original. The bad thing about the Limbsaver is you are stuck with one thickness so your gun usually gets longer or you cut the stock, but then the prefit will not fit and you need a grind down one. The Kick-eez pad is all-solid so you can grind and form it any way you want. I think it comes in different thicknesses if I remember correctly. If you have a gun with a short sock or with a thick pad now or if you need more length I would say try the Limbsaver. If you want a good pad that mounts nice for a longer stock like a target shotgun, or need a specific thickness without cutting the stock I would say go Kick-eez. I plan to put the Limbsaver on my slug guns in the future. I think the slug gun and mag rifles are some of the best applications for the Limbsaver.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Tue May 09, 2006 6:20 am

:withstupid: I own several shotguns, they range from light 20ga SXS to to 10 ga guns. I also own some nice high powered rifles. There will always be some felt recoil when your doing alot of shooting. I prefer kick-eeze sabothane recoil pads for my shotgun. This is only because I always re-recoil pad my shotguns, and I do not use stock recoil pads. Because I am a competition sporting clays shooter I cannot have the shotgun mounted on the "Pull" command. Kick eeze recoil pad design allows for smoother mounting without the danger of snagging my shooting jacket. The high vis recoil pads are ok but using them on my high powered rifles causes some "cheek slap" As they do take some shock off the butt stock. My worst recoil shooting gun is a 20ga by the way because it weights around 6lbs and with 3" pheasant loads it definetely is a little kicker. The type of gun, its balance, its fit have alot to do with felt recoil. Benelli realizes thier inertia guns have some felt recoil, therefore thier new products have several recoil reducing gadgets built into thier guns. I like a little firmer pad on my firearms and kick-eeze is a good cross between firm mounting and softer shooting recoil pad for me.
Citori12

Postby Gooseboy » Tue May 09, 2006 3:04 pm

Alright thanks for the info guys. Thaner i was wondering about Comfertech because i am saving up for an SBE II.

Gooseboy
Banned

Return to Shotgun Forum