Give me your honest opion on the M1 and M2

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Give me your honest opion on the M1 and M2

Postby LIGHT12 » Wed May 03, 2006 5:39 pm

Only Benelli M1 and M2 shooters can post. You don't have to own one but have shot one. And shot more than 3 shells from it. I am considering these two shotguns to replace my BPS upland special and my Light12. I want something I feel better about dragging into the desert putting nicks in it.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Wed May 03, 2006 6:05 pm

Great gun just dont get it all sandy down there.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby kyduck » Wed May 03, 2006 6:46 pm

Read my Benelli post and buy a browning :mrgreen:
kyduck

Hunting in the bluegrass
kyduck
hunter

Postby Fowlmeister » Wed May 03, 2006 7:33 pm

I've owned an M1 for 7 years and absolutely love it. My only complaint is that the finish on the gun hasn't held up very well. I hunt Washington/Oregon where it rains most every hunt day and would like to see a little better finish on the gun.
Fowlmeister
hunter

Postby quackhunter » Wed May 03, 2006 8:20 pm

I have shot both the M1 and M2 extensivley though I own neither. Honestly I shoot tboth guns about the saame as far as hitting is concerned. The comfortech dosen't work. Had em side by side and shot both with identical loads. The gel on top of the M2 is nice. A little easier on the face. The M2 also has a stainless operating system. The M1 lacks it. If it were me, I would get the M2. The fit is just a bit better or more refined, however you want to put it.
quackhunter
hunter

Postby thaner » Wed May 03, 2006 8:33 pm

:withstupid: However, I do find a difference in felt recoil with the comfort tech stock. Mostly the pad and not so much the stock I think, although I haven't been able to compare the M1 with real heavy loads and I think that’s where you get the effect of the stock flexing if it works. The M2 with heavy loads is really much easier to shoot than I ever imagined. I just got done setting it up and testing it with turkey loads and I was surprised how nice it was to shoot. I have had my M2 for about two months now. I have shot crows, turkey and a lot of targets with it. It is my all time favorite auto so far. I like it much better than my Beretta and Remington auto's. It feels light and has great balance, handling, and fits perfect. It is the most natural shooting gun I have picked up in quite a while. Feels a lot like a nice O/U or a 20 ga. The M2 with the new stock fits me better than the M1. If the M1 fit better I would consider one given there are some really good deals on them around. On unexpected feature I would never have considered is the trigger. Mine is actually the best factory triggers of any shotgun I have ever owned. I am thinking about a slug barrel even though I have several very nice slug guns. The M2 just feels like it would be a great handling slug gun and the raised comb feature would be very nice. I highly recommend it.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby raidersboy » Mon May 08, 2006 5:37 pm

I have both and use them ALOT. And personally the pad and the comfortech stock aren't the reason I like my M2 more. It's the longer cryo treated choke tubes and the cryoed barrel. Patterns do not compare between the two. My M1 is now a backup gun only because it still fits like my M2. And I have never had to go to the M1 yet.

I really never thought I'd buy another hunting auto after my M1, well now I feel that way about my M2.
"There's no such thing as too much ammo"

raidersboy
raidersboy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum