Remington SP-10

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby gearhead80 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:28 am

Specklebelly wrote:
gearhead80 wrote:my wife got me my own Mag 10 for a wedding present. .

You have you a good woman and you need to be thankful. :clapping: I got dishes for my wedding gift. :huh:

Thanks!! And true story there!!
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby jwwade1234 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:49 pm

Specklebelly wrote:
mudpack wrote:
blackened89 wrote:I wouldn't say that the golds are far superior.... they're made in japan.

You must be one of those old-timers who equate "Made in Japan" with junk. Japanese goods got past that stigma decades ago with Nikon, Hitachi, Akai, Honda, and Toyota. Today, the world's finest products are made in Japan. It is 2012, isn't it?

Ten gauge? If 10ga. ammo wasn't so expensive and hard to find, I'd love to have an SP-10 or Gold 10 myself.

I will sell you one if your interested. Ammo is easy to find at Rogers.

Im interested! :hammer:
jwwade1234
Newb

Postby Petr Russia » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:09 am

1448jonboat

Thank you!
This is my main topic
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=220451
Petr Russia
hunter

Postby Petr Russia » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:30 pm

1448jonboat wrote:Petr_Russia, here are a few pictures of the trigger assembly. I hope this helps.

I noticed, that your disconnector place is mixed with sear place. In my opinion disconnector must be lower. Please specify it. We had one accident with 870, when it shoots with open bolt cause of this mistake on assembling on factory!!! See photos of my trigger, waterfowlhunter's trigger and compare with yours.
Attachments
P1010663.JPG
waterfowlhunter's trigger
CIMG1121.JPG
My trigger
disc.JPG
Your trigger
Petr Russia
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Specklebelly wrote: Ammo is easy to find at Rogers.

But it is not easily found locally, anywhere. I don't always have the luxury of ordering, then waiting a week for ammo.

1448jonboat wrote:The trigger pull on my gun is much heavier than my other shotguns. It is 8 lbs vs 5 or so pounds on my other shotguns.

If you've actually measured the trigger at 8 pounds, there is something wrong with your gun. No SP10 ever left the factory with a trigger pull weight that high.
mudpack
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 pm

mudpack wrote:
Specklebelly wrote: Ammo is easy to find at Rogers.

But it is not easily found locally, anywhere. I don't always have the luxury of ordering, then waiting a week for ammo.

1448jonboat wrote:The trigger pull on my gun is much heavier than my other shotguns. It is 8 lbs vs 5 or so pounds on my other shotguns.

If you've actually measured the trigger at 8 pounds, there is something wrong with your gun. No SP10 ever left the factory with a trigger pull weight that high.

When I order, it arrives the next business day. Free shipping too.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Specklebelly wrote:When I order, it arrives the next business day. Free shipping too.

Same here
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Consider yourselves fortunate.

I've ordered ammo from Roger's within the last year. It has never arrived the next day. IIRC, it usually arrives in four business days, which meant a total of six days some of the time. Hardly overnight.
The free shipping they sometimes offer is never Next Day shipping, it is always Standard Ground.

My point is; I can't always...or even very often....run down to the local store and pick up two boxes of the 10ga load I would want. They don't have it. At least not in my town, and my town is 5 miles from the largest waterfowl hunting area in the state. If any place should have a selection of obscure ammo, it would be this place...one would think.

As I said before: a good variety and availability of ammo for the 10 gage being largely unavailable for me is the main reason I haven't purchased one already. But, I'm still looking....
mudpack
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:51 pm

mudpack wrote:Consider yourselves fortunate.

I've ordered ammo from Roger's within the last year. It has never arrived the next day. IIRC, it usually arrives in four business days, which meant a total of six days some of the time. Hardly overnight.
The free shipping they sometimes offer is never Next Day shipping, it is always Standard Ground.

My point is; I can't always...or even very often....run down to the local store and pick up two boxes of the 10ga load I would want. They don't have it. At least not in my town, and my town is 5 miles from the largest waterfowl hunting area in the state. If any place should have a selection of obscure ammo, it would be this place...one would think.

As I said before: a good variety and availability of ammo for the 10 gage being largely unavailable for me is the main reason I haven't purchased one already. But, I'm still looking....

Maybe it has something to do with the shipping routes...similar to how the airlines flight schedules' operate. I know both Speck and I live not too far from a major interstate and city. No idea if that has anything to do with it or not but it's just a guess.

There are a few stores where I live, but priced higher than 12ga 3.5". Which is why I am stocked up on the shot sizes I need. $19/box from Rogers is pretty good...cheaper than 12ga 3.5s from walmart.
But I always order all ammo for all my firearms anyway so it doesn't bother me.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:16 pm

That is sure strange, because it is different here as SS stated. On top of free shipping, no sales tax so that is a big double win.
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby berganser » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:12 am

archerykid13 wrote:Has anyone shot the BPS 10 ga? How does that feel recoil wise compared to the Gold 10? I know it'll kick more because it's a pump but it's also a lb heavier. I'm just trying to figure out if finding a Gold 10 would be smarter than just picking up a BPS for cheaper.

I have the BPS. I don't even notice the Kick. I've had no issues. I pretty much use mine for geese, but have shot Ducks with it to over water and field hunting. No Problems.
I shoot BBB's and 2's. I use a Comp-N-Choke Imp. Mod. in it.
Hey, Let's go Huntin'!!
Committed Custom Calls! Try one out!!
berganser
hunter

Postby 1448jonboat » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:26 am

Petr, thanks for noticing that difference with my photo. I shot it all last season that way and fortunately it didn't cause any harm.

Mudpack, It seems the problem that petr saw might have been the issue with my trigger pull. After I made the change, my trigger pull is now at 6.25 lbs, which is significantly better than before.
1448jonboat
hunter

Postby Petr Russia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:52 pm

Not at all!!!

On my SP-10 trigger is very short and weak like on a not-bad rifle. I don't know in lbs, but on 870 and even more on Saiga 12 it is much more long and heavy. I used to shoot with strong trigger on 870 and it is really unused for me.
Petr Russia
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:08 am

solway gunner wrote:
jrp267 wrote:The gold 10 is a far suprior gun. Recoil doesnt even register, easy to clean and functions flawless if maintained. Like all semi auto's. Oh and it is still in production so parts are available.

:lol:
what do you do for an encore?
the sp10 was designed from the ithaca magten minus its faults. it operates with brute simplicity with few moving parts in all adverse weather conditions.,be it on a field or a saltmarsh firing mud encrusted shells they will not falter.they are not hull length fussy unlike that sack of s*it youve just mentioned ,nor do the cocking levers fly out whenever they feel like it or malfunction at a whim which is what the gold does for free.i can have my sp10 stripped to the bolt assembly ,cleaned and re built in 10easy minutes..
now ,take your fault ridden over engineered junk pile with you and close the door on your way out.

Dude, you are eating the wrong kind of mushrooms if you think the browning gold 10 is a sack of crap. It's a very rugged gun, easy to disassemble and would be the first gun I reach for if pterodactyls make a comeback. :thumbsup:
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby hillbilly.. » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:59 pm

shoveler_shooter wrote:

Maybe it has something to do with the shipping routes...similar to how the airlines flight schedules' operate. I know both Speck and I live not too far from a major interstate and city. No idea if that has anything to do with it or not but it's just a guess.

There are a few stores where I live, but priced higher than 12ga 3.5". Which is why I am stocked up on the shot sizes I need. $19/box from Rogers is pretty good...cheaper than 12ga 3.5s from walmart.

19 bucks a box for 10g ??????
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:27 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:
shoveler_shooter wrote:

19 bucks a box for 10g ??????

Yep
http://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/fede ... p-351.html
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby goose_gunner » Sat May 11, 2013 1:04 am

i would like to get one its the only 10ga that i havent owned i did have a mag 10 and i loved it but thats the closest i have been to a sp-10 so far but i think the best auto 10ga on the market today is the gold lite
There is a special place in duck hunting hell for sky busters
goose_gunner
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon May 13, 2013 5:05 am

I have owned Many SP-10's and Gold's. The Gold's I have had "feel" like a better built gun but I had issues (more than one) with the bolt handle taking off with hotter reloads which makes the gun useless. And the fact that they put the Safety in wrong place. I have never had an issue with an SP-10 even with the hot reloads I used at one time. I still own one SP-10 but hardly ever use it. I can do everything I need to do with a 12 and in years of comparison I will carry the light weight SBE II over the 10ga any day and take home just as many birds. I do like shooting it and always take it out at least a couple of times a season when I am hunting geese.

I am currently watching an online auction selling an Ithica Mag10 that I would like to have in the shop.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dan the goose slayer » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:56 am

Hey guys can you all go check out my 10 gauge shotgun this would be a huge help for me thanks
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=318970&start=0
Dan
Dan the goose slayer
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum