FRANCHI RENAISSANCE OR BERETTA ONYX PRO

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

FRANCHI RENAISSANCE OR BERETTA ONYX PRO

Postby widgeon1 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:34 am

WHICH WOULD SUGGEST? HAVE ONE OF EACH LINED UP. RENAISANCE ELITE AND ONYX PRO WITHIN ABOUT $100 OF EACH OTHER. NEVER OWNED A GUN FROM EITHER MANUFACTURER.
widgeon1
hunter

Re: FRANCHI RENAISSANCE OR BERETTA ONYX PRO

Postby raidersboy » Thu May 11, 2006 8:26 am

widgeon1 wrote:WHICH WOULD SUGGEST? HAVE ONE OF EACH LINED UP. RENAISANCE ELITE AND ONYX PRO WITHIN ABOUT $100 OF EACH OTHER. NEVER OWNED A GUN FROM EITHER MANUFACTURER.

Go with what fits you best. Both are good guns/good brands. One of the big differences between the two is the aluminium receiver on the Franchi. If you shoot ALOT it can stretch and warp, but that's in very extreme cases ie shooting 100 rounds a day; everyday. Personal preference, if the Beretta fits, that gun will outlast your lifetime.
"There's no such thing as too much ammo"

raidersboy
raidersboy
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Thu May 11, 2006 2:00 pm

I personally prefer non-alloy reciever shotguns as they tend to wear out...as I shoot several thousand rounds a year. Buy a well built firearm that fits you and you will surely be lighter in the pocket book but having a quality gun that lasts a lifetime is better than buying cheaper only to be disatisfied later!!!! :thumbsup:
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Gooseboy » Thu May 11, 2006 3:50 pm

They both look like good guns. Just to think i was one number away from winning an Onix. If i had bought one more ticket at the banquet i would of had one.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

franchi renassaince vs beretta onyx pro

Postby widgeon1 » Fri May 12, 2006 7:59 am

Thanks for the comments gents. Went with the renessaince elite. Pulled it for $1550. After shouldering both, the Franchi just felt better. Light as a dream and pointed right with the "eyes closed" test everytime. Cant wait to break er in.
widgeon1
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum