Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum
Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM
is factory mod good or is there a better modified choke to use? for ducks and geese
- Posts: 259
- Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:04 pm
- Location: Carmel Valley
Factory mod should be fine, or Improved Cylinder for decoying ducks. You should pattern your gun with the differents chokes and also different brands of shells to see which combination gives you the most favorable patterns and densities at varying distances.
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
- Posts: 1614
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:59 pm
- Location: SW LA
Factory should be fine. IM and LM, also know as Skeet2 are good aftermarket options if you want to fine tune.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:37 pm
- Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Alot of hunters around here use the patternmaster chokes when shooting 3 1/2 shells. I have one, but have not been able to use it much due to gun problems.
Hunting in the bluegrass
- Posts: 289
- Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:26 am
- Location: Louisville
Return to Shotgun Forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jeremy66 and 20 guests