Just bought a Stoeger 2000

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Just bought a Stoeger 2000

Postby youngster57 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:44 pm

hey everyone i am new to this forum i was just wanting to introduce myself i guess. I just recently bought my first semi. I took a while and did some research and finally decided to get the stoeger 2000 i am on a budget since im in college but i picked it up for around 450 new i have put around 200 rounds through it and love it not one problem throws up nice smooth action. I know its not a benelli or a remington which is what i would have liked to buy but for the money its good. Just to let you know i had also tryed a Franchi but the shouldering just didnt feel quite right i know it is a better gun but the stoeger just fit better and i am more than happy with it. I am waiting to see how it performs in the cold wet weather but in case it does break i got my Nova as a back up. leave some replys let me know of what you think about the descion. :smile:
youngster57
hunter

Postby LA.Call'emClose » Thu May 25, 2006 2:56 pm

If you like the way it feels at shoulder and you havent had any problems with it, then I'd say you made a good buy. 450 aint bad for a semi.
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
LA.Call'emClose
hunter

Postby youngster57 » Thu May 25, 2006 2:58 pm

thanks it came with 5 chokes and i get the max 4 camo so i am pretty happy
youngster57
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Thu May 25, 2006 6:15 pm

Im thinking bout buying one myself. I've heard they are REALLY good guns. Have fun with it.
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Oregon Honker » Thu May 25, 2006 7:26 pm

I would like to look at one do you guys know if they make one that will shoot 3 1/2 " shells
Killem
Oregon Honker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby youngster57 » Fri May 26, 2006 1:10 am

no right now they only shoot 3 inch but i have the nova for 3 1/2 and around here the spots i hunt i drop them with 3's so i have no need for the 3 1/2s. but yes i love it. I shot my friends franchi and i actually like the feel of it better than the more expensive gun. find someone with one and hold it and instantly you'll know if its right or not.

Tommaro im comparing it to a friends M1 benelli and ill post what i find out comparing the 2.
youngster57
hunter

Postby youngster57 » Tue May 30, 2006 12:50 am

i compared it to the M1 and there was a little difference about how the benelli handled but for the money i am more than happy with the stoeger because i wont feel nearly as bad if i drop the stoeger in a pond than if i dropped that M1 i also like the way the stoeger throws up it feels a little more smooth than the M1 and since i payed less than half what he did im pretty impressed with the stoeger :yes: i would recomend it to anyone and i even have some diehard remington guys thinking about buying one and trying it for themselfs
youngster57
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Tue May 30, 2006 7:42 am

If the gun points well for you, you shoot well with it, and it works out then its a good buy. The most important part of using a shotgun with birds is that your eyes are lookin down the barrel without having to adjust anything. Gun fit is critical...So if your satisfied with your purchase then I say :thumbsup:
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby youngster57 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:49 pm

I just got done shooting some light field loads and it cycles them without a problem i am so happy with my purchase of this stoeger if anyone is thinking about it i say go with it i love mine and i could shoot it all day.
youngster57
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:49 pm

If this shotgun fits you shoot it!!!!!...........I am old so I prefer the winchester mod 12 pump for fit...off course most of those have custom stocks now....14" drop at heel and 14 1/4" length of pull seems to work well....drop at comb depends on SXS or single sighting plane...go for it!!!!!

of course the average shooter does not know thier dimensions of fit....but the average fit is for a man 5' 8" with a 14 3/4" length of pull...
nough said
C12
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby WIgunner30 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:04 pm

The Stoeger M2000 is a good auto loader for the money. maybe the best in that price bracket. The only problem i know about them is shells failing to eject but that is mostly with the slug combo. The slug barrel was made by ithica gun for stoeger and doesnt fit the M2000 action right. Stoeger has since changed producers of there slug barrels so they work right. Ive shouldered and fired one and should be slayer in the duck blind for u.
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:11 pm

I am mostly a winchester browning man myself and preffer pumps. I own 2 winchester 1300s 2 browning bps's a winchester 1400 auto loader and a 20 gauge model 12. my dad owns 3 model 12s and i can see why Citori12 preffers them. My dad has a duck special and a trap model that was previously owned by the head of the winchester trap team in the 70s. From expierence no gun shoulders points and shoots better. Its like Pointing the finger of God at what ur shooting at. To bad there worth so much money so they dont get used much.
WIgunner30
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum