Does anyone have the A391 KO extreama 2?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Does anyone have the A391 KO extreama 2?

Postby tstrong » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:44 pm

How does the adjustment for the stock work? Is it worth the additional money?
tstrong
hunter

Postby MexicanDuck » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:34 pm

I purchased mine last December and I'm very happy with it.
I was not aware that I paid extra for this, I thought it was a standard feature. I have the owners manual but unfortunately the instructions for this modification is about 3 pages long.
If your still interested I can scan the pages to my computer and send you the info to your email.

Note: My shotgun model reads, A391 3.5 Xtrema
there are no KO letters in there like you mention in your post.
MexicanDuck
hunter

Postby easternshorehunter » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:57 pm

there shouldnt be the "KO" in the name. there should have been a sticker on the stock saying that it was a kick off. im not sure how easy it is to adjust(gun fits me perfect as is) and it is a great gun. i dont think that it is needed, but the place were i got the gun didnt have the camo version without kick off.
easternshorehunter
hunter

Postby tstrong » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:00 pm

Thanks for the info guys, I've been looking at Bennelli & Beretta since last season. I'm sold on the A391 and everyone says you really don't need the KO system. Thanks
tstrong
hunter

Postby MexicanDuck » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:59 am

Great choice tsrong. Enjoy!
MexicanDuck
hunter

xtrema 2

Postby bohuntr » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:46 am

I own an Xtrema 1,and 2.Both are great guns.Have a buddy with the sbe2,that is also a great gun,he has had a few problems ejecting the light 2 /3/4 loads,but few and far between.I got my xtrema 2 about 3 weeks ago and went trap shooting,it ripped 50 staight 2/3/4 loads right out of the box flawlessly,.I dont think you even need to break it in with the heavier loads.As for the ko model,which i own,in my opinion its really not worth the xtra couple hundred bucks.Go with which one you feel comfortable with,you cant go wrong.But i give the edge to the xtrema 2,just because i own one.
bohuntr
Newb

Extrema II adjustments

Postby mjlduckman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:40 pm

I bought the EII last fall just before the season started, and i must say it's an awsome piece of machinery. I did change the drop and cant while patterning to get as close to center for how i shoot, and everyone shoots different. The process is pretty easy and only take a few minutes. So don't be intimidated about changing things around. The gun worked flawlessly throughout the season, from 5 degrees blowing snow to 45 degrees in the salt marshes of the pacific coast and not a probem and no rust to boot. Frankly, that's the main reason i bought the gun, because of the aqua finish, and it works!!

I have a 3" Rem 1187 Light Contour and shoot all types of loads through it and i wouldn't say the beretta is that much less of a kick to justify the extra money for the KO option. It sounds good in advertising, but real world shooting, it shoots like a 12 ga. with heavy duck/goose loads in it. But i would definatly buy the EII instead of the EI, since the intoduction of the new ergonomics and aqua finsish it can't be beat, not even by the SBE.
May the skies above you; be blackened with birds
mjlduckman
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum