ok..went and checked out the new SuperNova today.
on the shelf for $399.00 in black synthetic with 28" barrel.
1) it a Nova..which means it's already one of the best pump guns on the market.
2) Comfortech Stock...for all those people who's only complaint about the Nova was that it kicked too hard. here you go. it is now the perfect gun. lol.
3) price - $399.00 is still not bad for quality pump gun. no, it's not camo and the camo will cost more, but it is black and that is all you really need. camo guns are more for looks than practicality anyway...flat black blends in just fine.
4) bigger trigger guard - easier to get a gloved finger in there for shooting.
1) oooh...that trigger guard. i am already not a fan of safeties mounted on trigger guards. just too dang tough to get a neoprened-gloved hand on it to click it off. this gun is worse..there is a big ridge that runs right in front of the safety selector which puts it in a little recess. the nice thing is that it guides your finger to where it needs to go..so for un-gloved shooting this would be a pretty trick little feature, but for me it is a show stopper. i use my gun for ducks and i wear gloves when i hunt. that ridge would have to ge ground down flush with the guard for me to use it.
also, the pump slide release is also "hidden" by this over sized triger guard making it more difficult to get a finger on it to release the pump slide.
for this one reason..i won't be replacing my current Nova with a SuperNova anytime soon.
2) still a little sloppy on the fore-grip, but most pumps are and i have never had an issue with this. my mossy 835 had a 45 degree rate of travel from one side to the other. lol. i can live with a little wiggle on the benelli.
that is my review... peace.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.