How much?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

How much?

Postby Boomn4x4 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:53 am

I'm looking into selling a gun of mine I purchased last year. There is absolutly nothing wrong with it and as far as I'm concerned it's a great gun. My cousin is just looking to getting into hunting and it would be a great starter for him, and I can get something a bit nicer. I don't want to mention the make or modle because I dont' want brand loyalty to play a factor.

My question is about what % of the origianl price should I ask. It's not even a year old yet, and has about 300 rounds though it.
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended

Postby jjohnson_714 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:56 pm

i would take like 50-100 bucks off of it... like if you bought it for 300 sell it for like 225 or so... :thumbsup:
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby thaner » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:11 pm

How much was the original price? In the open marked it all depends on how in demand the gun is. About 20-25% off is usually a common depreciation on a used gun in good condition, and that is still dependent in part on if you got an average deal on it. If you get a great deal then maybe less % loss. Check the used gun prices on line and check in your local store to see what retail is on a used one like yours. That will give you an idea. In the end a deal with a friend or relative should always be the amount that both of you feel is a reasonable deal. If you can’t get there sell it to a stranger for market price and tell the friend or relative to go find a good gun and help them shop. Better to forget about the deal than to have hard feelings between friends and relatives.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:04 am

Guns depreciate at a very high rate. If you take 20% off the original price it has to be in prestine condition. A gun trader book will tell you how much its worth in its given condition. Unless you are selling an expensive firearm you will not recieve much for it after a years use.
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Return to Shotgun Forum