A400 xtreme cycling

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

A400 xtreme cycling

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:54 am

I'm thinking this may have been operator error on my part.
Shooting 3 1/2" at geese yesterday, and twice in a row I had two shells apparently try and feed out of magazine at once, resulting in a jam-up.
Am wondering if I failed to push in the second shell far enough, resulting in the last shell fed into the magazine sliding back out into the area between bolt and carrier that wasn't noticed until the one in chamber was fired.

Has anyone else run into this situation?
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Re: A400 xtreme cycling

Postby everythings ducky » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Go over to Shotgunworld forum or do a search. There's a lot of information there. I believe they were talking about the 391's (A400 is a 3.5 391) having issues with the carrier and could be why yours jammed. If you can't replicate, it's probably shooter error or a shell issue.

Keep an eye on this -Quote from shotgunworld forum -Randy Wakeman- Beretta A400s have a main bolt pin problem, just like Xtrema / Xtrema 2's. Just a poorly heat-treated part, but a critical one. Beretta has yet to fix it.
everythings ducky
hunter

Postby Hat Flats » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 pm

everythings ducky wrote:Go over to Shotgunworld forum or do a search. There's a lot of information there. I believe they were talking about the 391's (A400 is a 3.5 391) having issues with the carrier and could be why yours jammed. If you can't replicate, it's probably shooter error or a shell issue.

Keep an eye on this -Quote from shotgunworld forum -Randy Wakeman- Beretta A400s have a main bolt pin problem, just like Xtrema / Xtrema 2's. Just a poorly heat-treated part, but a critical one. Beretta has yet to fix it.

The issues with some 391 Urika's having bent carriers does not apply to the A400, the Urika can be Fixed in 2 Min with a quick tweek of some needle nose pliers, The A400 is another action altogether.

Hat
Last edited by Hat Flats on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hat Flats
hunter

Postby deepmarsh1 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:59 am

If you had the bolt closed and the chamber empty and two shells in the magazine, pressing the bolt release on the side of the receiver (round button), both shells will release. To feed a shell from the magazine tube, you must hit the float button as I call it ( square silver button next to the trigger guard. I dont know if this was the scenario but if you had two shells in the magazine, the only way I know of that would cause both shells to release from the tube would be from pressing the bolt release button. Hope this helps
chris_k wrote:An expensive acrylic Duck Commander call is like a 1981 Buick Lesabre with a fancy paintjob and 22 inch rims. $ spent on the exterior ... Nothing to show for under the hood.
deepmarsh1
hunter

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:35 pm

This happened to me TWICE in a row today, but with 2-3/4" shells right as I had doves right where I wanted them. The only thing that hit those doves was some serious pottymouth.

I've had the gun a few weeks and I've noticed cycling getting a little sloppier after every shoot. Broke it down when I got home today and the only thing I could see is the piston that "self cleans" the cylinder was pretty gunked up in some of the teeth, so I cleaned it out - we'll see if it performs better tomorrow.
Holly Heyser
Editor, California Waterfowl Magazine
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Postby tazman7 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:20 am

Never had any issues with mine, but it isn't even broken in yet. I'll keep an eye on it.
Beretta A400 Xtreme Unico 28" Max4
tazman7
hunter

Postby NorCal Cazadora » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:28 am

Didn't have any problems yesterday after cleaning it, but it was much lower-volume shooting. Hoping for some lights-out action to test it!
Holly Heyser
Editor, California Waterfowl Magazine
NorCal Cazadora
Forum Moderator

Postby mauserfan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 am

fsbirdhouse-I'll bet you nailed it on the head -being operator error. My 14 year old son shoots one. He only has bout 2500 rounds through it but it has been great thus far. Just my .02....mauser
The greatest duck call known to mankind?....A fresh cup of coffee from the Thermos.
mauserfan
hunter

Postby johntmeyer » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:38 pm

i had this problem with mine is it going through when your putting in shells in the mag or while shooting? if its the first question beretta has this new thing called blink it allows one shell to be in the chamber insted of the magazine for faster shooting
johntmeyer
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum