Super Black Eagle II Performance Shop Waterfowl Edition

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Super Black Eagle II Performance Shop Waterfowl Edition

Postby Greenhead_Wrecker » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:35 pm

I am looking to upgrade from a Remington 870 pump before next season. A buddy of mine granted me the opportunity to test a Benelli M2 and because of this I am now certain that I want a Benelli. Is the Benelli Super Black Eagle II Performance Shop Waterfowl Edition worth the extra $1,000 from the regular SBE II? If anyone owns the Waterfowl Edition can you please share some pictures? Thanks in advance!
Greenhead_Wrecker
hunter

Re: Super Black Eagle II Performance Shop Waterfowl Edition

Postby trigger22 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:45 pm

I don't personally see it being worth it. With that being said I don't own one and haven't shot one. I do own a SBE 2 and don't feel as if I have a need for it. From what I have read, those that do have it think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Then again, maybe they are just trying to justify to themselves why they spent all of that extra money. If it were me, I'd buy the standard SBE 2 and in a year if I thought I would benefit from the forcing cone, polished action, and custom chokes I would send the gun off to get done. I would imagine the end result would be the same and you'd save some money. My bet is though that you won't find a reason to send it off.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby Hat Flats » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:52 am

None of the "upgrades" are needed, some of the changes are minor improvements but none of them will put more birds on your strap. You can do those same additions or pick and choose the things you want to your own gun for less money.

Hat
Hat Flats
hunter

Postby everythings ducky » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:05 am

You're buying into an exclusive club. Never mind that the upgrades aren't even close to worth it and $80 terror chokes will outperform your new super duper custom chokes. Watch Duck Dynasty, grow your beard long and drink lots of Benelli koolaid. Then say after me The Benelli Super Black Eagle II Performance Shop Waterfowl edition gun is the best ever. Watch the clock tick back and forth and say it again. When I snap my fingers, you will say the performance shop gun and all Benellis are the best guns ever and never admit to a single flaw. I snapped my fingers. You know how the rest will go on this thread and all others.
everythings ducky
hunter

Postby SAHunter1983 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:14 am

My buddy has one and swears by the benelli Performance shop koolaid. After shooting his next to an A400 with the same loads. I preferred the A400 & now I own one. Regardless the performance isn't much better than the standard sbe ii. they are all solid workhorses.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
SAHunter1983
hunter

Postby william costa » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:02 pm

well i just added a oversized mag release button,oversized bolt handle and aluminum follower for about 70 bucks.add a few kicks or high end choke tubes another 150.i think you could have a smith lengthen cone and do a trigger job for a couple hundred and ur ahead of the game.
william costa
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:30 pm

everythings ducky wrote:You're buying into an exclusive club. Never mind that the upgrades aren't even close to worth it and $80 terror chokes will outperform your new super duper custom chokes. Watch Duck Dynasty, grow your beard long and drink lots of Benelli koolaid. Then say after me The Benelli Super Black Eagle II Performance Shop Waterfowl edition gun is the best ever. Watch the clock tick back and forth and say it again. When I snap my fingers, you will say the performance shop gun and all Benellis are the best guns ever and never admit to a single flaw. I snapped my fingers. You know how the rest will go on this thread and all others.

X1000 :thumbsup: .
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby bjno1300 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:49 am

Anybody else that actually has one that can chime in a review???
bjno1300
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:05 pm

duckslayer74 wrote:
everythings ducky wrote:You're buying into an exclusive club. Never mind that the upgrades aren't even close to worth it and $80 terror chokes will outperform your new super duper custom chokes. Watch Duck Dynasty, grow your beard long and drink lots of Benelli koolaid. Then say after me The Benelli Super Black Eagle II Performance Shop Waterfowl edition gun is the best ever. Watch the clock tick back and forth and say it again. When I snap my fingers, you will say the performance shop gun and all Benellis are the best guns ever and never admit to a single flaw. I snapped my fingers. You know how the rest will go on this thread and all others.

X1000 :thumbsup: .

x1000
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby Dedduc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:56 pm

I talked to Rob Roberts last week and he would charge $800 to make my SBE2 just like the performance shop gun.
Dedduc
hunter

Postby TheRDJ » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:21 pm

How much is it? The price of a standard SBEII is tough enough to swallow. I recall the Special Edition being almost a grand more?!?!? I cant see it being worth it unless it has an espresso machine built it (being from Italy and all)
TheRDJ
hunter

Postby O.D.Lid » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:43 pm

i have found one for $2300 plus shipping to a license gun dealer thats $700 more than a regularSBEII
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:22 pm

O.D.Lid wrote:i have found one for $2300 plus shipping to a license gun dealer thats $700 more than a regularSBEII

ouch!!!....
winchester1852
hunter

Postby SAHunter1983 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:55 am

You can buy an A400 and 2-3 flats of high dollar waterfowl loads or enough bargain loads to last a few seasons for that much...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
SAHunter1983
hunter

Postby mudpack » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:53 am

If the SBE requires a grand's worth of modification to become a duck/goose gun (Waterfowl Edition), what kind of gun is it without the mods? A dove gun? Quail gun? Timberdoodle gun? Maybe it was designed more as a skeet gun, that requires mods before it's suitable for waterfowl.....? :huh:

Seems to me that if the SBEII was truly the ultimate duck/goose gun that Benelli has always marketed it as, it would have all the bells and whistles as standard.
mudpack
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:27 am

mudpack wrote:If the SBE requires a grand's worth of modification to become a duck/goose gun (Waterfowl Edition), what kind of gun is it without the mods? A dove gun? Quail gun? Timberdoodle gun? Maybe it was designed more as a skeet gun, that requires mods before it's suitable for waterfowl.....? :huh:

Seems to me that if the SBEII was truly the ultimate duck/goose gun that Benelli has always marketed it as, it would have all the bells and whistles as standard.

more money than brains...
winchester1852
hunter

Postby rerhardt » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Well I guess I have more money than brains, but I do own a sbe2 performance, I love it and find the up grades are worth it. Especially the trigger pull and the polished bolt make this action super smooth. If the two thousand dollars doesn't bother you than buy it!!!! if your penny pinching buy the regular one.
rerhardt
hunter

Postby O.D.Lid » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:10 pm

did you buy it online (& from who) or did you get it from a retailer? benelli said i would have to order one from shields or cabelas neither store would have it on thier shelves
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby Jmallak » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:37 pm

I got mine from reeds sporting goods
O
Jmallak
Newb

Postby mudpack » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:39 pm

rerhardt wrote: if your penny pinching buy the regular one.

Here's the point: the standard SBEII is one of the most expensive hunting shotguns on the market. A guy who pays as much as he does for the standard one should be getting the best Benelli has to offer. Instead, he he has to pay an additional $1000 for "the Ulitmate"?
To me, it just seems wrong.

If the standard SBEII is NOT the "Ultimate", that must mean the Beretta Xtrema2 is the ultimate standard waterfowling gun....?

:biggrin:
mudpack
hunter

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Actually the standard SBEII is the American model and can be had for less than $1000 if you shop around. A lot cheaper than an Extrema 2

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:10 pm

First, the OP expressed an interest to "upgrade" from an 870WM...how, do you upgrade from the (overall) most dependable shotgun ever made?

As far as the "custom" Benelli option goes, the trigger on my M1, M2 & NOVA are as rough as any Mossberg to ever hit the streets and even the SuperSport is only a notch or two better. IMO, the Benelli "upgrade" likely has only the "standard" Beretta trigger group, as mine are far smoother than any Benelli I've ever torched off. Many of the other "upgrades" are to further alleviate the enhanced "felt recoil" issues, inherent to any inertia action.

It does appear the "standard" SBEII versus the "upgrade" model in many ways mirrors the differences between an 870 Express versus the 870 Wingmaster. You're just paying out ~$1K more to get a shotgun that has the "standard" Beretta treatments/amenities.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby O.D.Lid » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 pm

i guess alot of people are buying every gun store in calif. are 4-6 months backordered they are hard to find everywhere benelli says they have them in stock are they not shipping?
Last edited by O.D.Lid on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby O.D.Lid » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:59 pm

I am a new owner of one of these beauties can't wait to shoot it :beer:
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:28 pm

winchester1852 wrote:
mudpack wrote:If the SBE requires a grand's worth of modification to become a duck/goose gun (Waterfowl Edition), what kind of gun is it without the mods? A dove gun? Quail gun? Timberdoodle gun? Maybe it was designed more as a skeet gun, that requires mods before it's suitable for waterfowl.....? :huh:

more money than brains...

X3. What a waste of money. :no: :no: :no:
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Next

Return to Shotgun Forum