NEW BENELLI

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

NEW BENELLI

Postby gaquackster » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:16 am

Alright guys I just picked up a brand new benelli cordoba. Never owned a new benelli before, I've owned the m2 but bought it used. what is the general run down before shooting a bunch of rounds through it? I've already cleaned it inside and out only thing I haven't messed with is the recoil spring in the stock? do I need to remove that and oil it?
Hunting Isn't A Hobby To Me, It's A Way Of LIFE
gaquackster
hunter

Re: NEW BENELLI

Postby Quack Wacker NC » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:47 pm

U do not need to take the recoil spring out, just shoot some rounds thru it and get it broke in
Quack Wacker NC
Forum Moderator

Postby O.D.Lid » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:36 pm

that's good to know i get mine tomorrow
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby Hat Flats » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Lube it with a quality oil like Break Free or TriFlow and shoot the heck out of it! you bought a lifetime gun that you are not going to be able wear out unless you live in Argentina! My Brother shoots his three or four times a week on leagues and it is his favorite of all his Benellis, he has a Super Sport and a Super Sport 2 and a Vinci Super Sport to go with his Cordova. the are truly great guns if they only made a 30" barrel unported I would own one to!

Hat
Hat Flats
hunter

Postby gaquackster » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:50 am

Why would you want 30" unported?? My Cordoba is ported and I love it compared to my m2
gaquackster
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:34 am

gaquackster wrote: My Cordoba is ported and I love it compared to my m2

You've only owned it for two days.
You probably haven't shot it yet.

Get back to us after putting 500 rounds through it and tell us how much you like your ported barrel. :yes:
mudpack
hunter

Postby Hat Flats » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:26 pm

gaquackster wrote:Why would you want 30" unported?? My Cordoba is ported and I love it compared to my m2

They are WAY to loud! and only get worst with High Velocity shells, and if your are shooting shells that are a dirty you can see junk blow up in your line of sight, I have shot both of my brothers Super Sports and his Cordova and it drives me nuts when the sun is at certain angles. I will stick with my Beretta's but if Benelli ever starts listing to there customers and offers a non-ported version I will jump on one they are great guns.

Hat
Hat Flats
hunter

Postby gaquackster » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:37 pm

mudpack wrote:

Get back to us after putting 500 rounds through it and tell us how much you like your ported barrel. :yes:

I've shot it 200 plus times and I love it shot everything from crappy value packs all the way up to all my duck loads and it handles and shoots like a dream. Never noticed to crap fly in out ports because I don't look at the bead focus on the target not the gun.
gaquackster
hunter

Postby Hat Flats » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:14 pm

gaquackster wrote:
mudpack wrote:

I've shot it 200 plus times and I love it shot everything from crappy value packs all the way up to all my duck loads and it handles and shoots like a dream. Never noticed to crap fly in out ports because I don't look at the bead focus on the target not the gun.

I dropped a couple targets on 5 stand because I thought I had light hits on them but it was debris coming out of the ports looking like light but scoreable hits, it was distracting to me while shooting Sporting Clays, when shooting at certain angles and different light conditions, it does not bother my brother but it drives me nuts!. I was shooting AA Super Sports which shoot very clean and it was still a distraction. I do not know of anyone in my circles that looks at there barrel while tracking a target.

Hat
Hat Flats
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum