Debate : Pattern Master Black cloud vs Wad Wizard

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Debate : Pattern Master Black cloud vs Wad Wizard

Postby DANS » Sat May 18, 2013 5:58 pm

First aftermarket choke tube ill be buying , I have a 870 and primarily shoot Black Cloud 2-BB but when not available easiest shell to get in my area is Winchester xperts. Most shots are decoy shots 15. - out to 45 yards in you guys opinion which would perform better all around
DANS
Newb

Re: Debate : Pattern Master Black cloud vs Wad Wizard

Postby hamernhonkers » Sat May 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Factory IC.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Sun May 19, 2013 12:41 pm

hamernhonkers wrote:Factory IC.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Exactly, neither for me either!
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Sun May 19, 2013 7:01 pm

DANS

I realize my reply was a little harsh. Let me explain myself for the factory IC. The blackcloud load uses a flight control wad. The wad is designed to hold the shot column in the wad to longer distances then normal wads. The last thing you want to do with this stuff is shoot birds with it under 20 or 25 yards if you plan on eating them. Past that when the pattern starts to open up its good stuff other then the gimmick pellets in the load.

If you are looking for tube to pattern the xpert or other shot types with do yourself a favor and save the money go with Carlson's if your factory tubes don't do what you want. They are much cheaper and you can send them back until you find the tube that patterns the way you want it to :thumbsup:
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:37 pm

I agree with Hamernhonkers in that BC is not the load for <30 yard shooting as my personal experience with the stuff is it will have the effect of a rifled slug at those ranges.

The RemChoke FULL (steel/lead) tube has consistently patterned the best (Pellet dispersion) with the widest range of cartridges of any factory tube (~21 different makes/sizes of 'em) ever used.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby z51 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:44 am

I would ditch the Black Cloud for your use and go with 1 1/8 oz. at 1550 in #3 shot. Go with a Carlson lite modified choke tube .715 in 12 gauge. Flush is fine.
z51
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Tue May 21, 2013 9:49 am

Yuchi1 wrote:I agree with Hamernhonkers in that BC is not the load for <30 yard shooting as my personal experience with the stuff is it will have the effect of a rifled slug at those ranges.

I would definitely agree with this. You would be suprised how many guys that hunt everday of the season use Experts. They pattern great in my gun and have good knockdown power. A factory mod is probably your best all around bet.
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum