Duck Hunting Forum banner

SBEll forearm remedy

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  romeocadet08 
#1 ·
I've read many cases on this forum and other forums that people are having some play or some wobble in the forearm of their SBEll. Even with the spacers/ spring in the forearm. I have a little play also in mine. It's nice and snug back and forth but not side to side. Not much play, just enough to notice it. I sent an email to benelli on Thursday but haven't herd back yet. Has anyone tried to shim their forearm to reduce the play? I'm sure there is something I can do but I'm looking for ideas. The gun is new with about 150 rounds through it. However if I can't do anything about it I can live with the play. Thanks guys

#6 ·
wjarrell said:
Far from an upgrade. Plus you have a 1/4" gap between your rib and receiver. I'd rather have a little play.
if your talking about were the rib connects with the receiver there is a very small gap did't notice that before you pointed it out. don't really see the problem with that, no play in the forearm because fn knows that semi autos and pumps are two different things.

just having some fun :beer: and trolling :devil:

#8 ·
Cujo1 said:
wjarrell said:
I've read many cases on this forum and other forums that people are having some play or some wobble in the forearm of their SBEll. Even with the spacers/ spring in the forearm. I have a little play also in mine. It's nice and snug back and forth but not side to side. Not much play, just enough to notice it. I sent an email to benelli on Thursday but haven't herd back yet. Has anyone tried to shim their forearm to reduce the play? I'm sure there is something I can do but I'm looking for ideas. The gun is new with about 150 rounds through it. However if I can't do anything about it I can live with the play. Thanks guys
Have you looked to see if your forearm is cracked inside?
Ya I've looked several times trying to find something out if the ordinary.

#9 ·
wjarrell said:
Cujo1 said:
wjarrell said:
Have you looked to see if your forearm is cracked inside?
Ya I've looked several times trying to find something out if the ordinary.
if you already contacted benelli they should give you a email soon and if its a common thing they will probably replace it. they have good C/S.

#17 ·
All Benellis do this. You would think for $1700 they could fix this problem. When I contacted customer service they told me they made them that way so there was room for expansion and contraction do to hot barrels and cold temperatures. SX3 is an upgrade jack!!!! Better yet buy a OLD Auto-5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.