SBEll forearm remedy

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

SBEll forearm remedy

Postby wjarrell » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:06 am

I've read many cases on this forum and other forums that people are having some play or some wobble in the forearm of their SBEll. Even with the spacers/ spring in the forearm. I have a little play also in mine. It's nice and snug back and forth but not side to side. Not much play, just enough to notice it. I sent an email to benelli on Thursday but haven't herd back yet. Has anyone tried to shim their forearm to reduce the play? I'm sure there is something I can do but I'm looking for ideas. The gun is new with about 150 rounds through it. However if I can't do anything about it I can live with the play. Thanks guys
wjarrell
hunter

Re: SBEll forearm remedy

Postby winchester1852 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:20 pm

buy a sx3 that will fix all you problems :hi:
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby wjarrell » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:05 pm

winchester1852 wrote:buy a sx3 that will fix all you problems :hi:

No thanks.... :beer:
wjarrell
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:14 pm

ok if you don't want a upgrade thats fine with me :wink:
winchester1852
hunter

Postby wjarrell » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Far from an upgrade. Plus you have a 1/4" gap between your rib and receiver. I'd rather have a little play.
wjarrell
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:53 pm

wjarrell wrote:Far from an upgrade. Plus you have a 1/4" gap between your rib and receiver. I'd rather have a little play.

if your talking about were the rib connects with the receiver there is a very small gap did't notice that before you pointed it out. don't really see the problem with that, no play in the forearm because fn knows that semi autos and pumps are two different things.

just having some fun :beer: and trolling :devil:
winchester1852
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:21 pm

wjarrell wrote:I've read many cases on this forum and other forums that people are having some play or some wobble in the forearm of their SBEll. Even with the spacers/ spring in the forearm. I have a little play also in mine. It's nice and snug back and forth but not side to side. Not much play, just enough to notice it. I sent an email to benelli on Thursday but haven't herd back yet. Has anyone tried to shim their forearm to reduce the play? I'm sure there is something I can do but I'm looking for ideas. The gun is new with about 150 rounds through it. However if I can't do anything about it I can live with the play. Thanks guys

Have you looked to see if your forearm is cracked inside?
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby wjarrell » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
wjarrell wrote:I've read many cases on this forum and other forums that people are having some play or some wobble in the forearm of their SBEll. Even with the spacers/ spring in the forearm. I have a little play also in mine. It's nice and snug back and forth but not side to side. Not much play, just enough to notice it. I sent an email to benelli on Thursday but haven't herd back yet. Has anyone tried to shim their forearm to reduce the play? I'm sure there is something I can do but I'm looking for ideas. The gun is new with about 150 rounds through it. However if I can't do anything about it I can live with the play. Thanks guys

Ya I've looked several times trying to find something out if the ordinary.
wjarrell
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:25 pm

wjarrell wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:

Ya I've looked several times trying to find something out if the ordinary.

if you already contacted benelli they should give you a email soon and if its a common thing they will probably replace it. they have good C/S.
winchester1852
hunter

Postby deliriousII » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:37 am

interested to hear what benelli's solution for this is....have the same gun/concern

update us with benelli's reply
quack addict
deliriousII
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Quick thread jack....do the forearms on your benellis snap on to the barrel? The owners manual says it should but mine doesn't.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby drew3287 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:41 pm

clampdaddy, don't think the forearm on my SBE II snaps on the barrel...

wjarrell, have you heard back from Benelli?
drew3287
Newb

Postby wjarrell » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:54 pm

drew3287 wrote:clampdaddy, don't think the forearm on my SBE II snaps on the barrel...

wjarrell, have you heard back from Benelli?

Nope still haven't herd anything. I get the feeling I won't either.
wjarrell
hunter

Postby rerhardt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:52 pm

I shimmed mine in three places on each side of the forearm along the top edge, I used some leather from an od purse and some pio cement, worked great no more side to side movement
rerhardt
hunter

Postby deliriousII » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:48 am

rerhardt wrote:I shimmed mine in three places on each side of the forearm along the top edge, I used some leather from an od purse and some pio cement, worked great no more side to side movement

is your last name erhardt? mine is spelled ehrhart....[/thread jack]
quack addict
deliriousII
hunter

Postby ducklover22 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:20 pm

Just go on the Benelli website, contact customer service, and then ask for one. I had the same issue with sbe and mine came in yesterday.You just have to be patient.
ducklover22
hunter

Postby Cobra7 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:01 am

All Benellis do this. You would think for $1700 they could fix this problem. When I contacted customer service they told me they made them that way so there was room for expansion and contraction do to hot barrels and cold temperatures. SX3 is an upgrade jack!!!! Better yet buy a OLD Auto-5.
Cobra7
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:07 am

winchester1852 wrote: they have GREAT C/S.

FIFY

;)
romeocadet08
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum