Duck Hunting Forum banner

New Gun!!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  IdahoD 
#1 ·
This is purely a thread to show off my new shotgun, it's a shameless appeal for adulation I know :yes: It's a Beretta A300 Outlander. Just got it yesterday and it's my first semi auto. It felt very good when I pointed it and felt nice in my hands. I have been saving for a semi auto for a few months and I feel really good about this one.

It came with a ton of oil and grease on it, so much that it soaked into the box. I was going to take it home and clean it, but I really wanted to shoot it, so I detoured out on the desert on my way home and shot the dozen shells I had laying in my rig. It cycled everything perfectly, even with mass amounts of grease. I kept trying to pump it, I'm sure I'll get used to that. It shoots very nice and cycles quick. Took it home and cleaned it up nice and took a picture of it. Come on duck season!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Bought the same gun at the end of last year. I have been really happy with it and had a few opportunities to take some geese with in the late season. You will love it. Enjoy the new toy and good luck this upcoming season!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#3 ·
I think you will like it no doubt. It's a Beretta.
I have the A400 Xtreme, and haven't had anything so comfortable since my Winchester model 50 I bought in the 1960s.
I have to say it, the Beretta is the centerfold of the shotgun world in my opinion.

#4 ·
Fsbirdhouse said:
.... the Beretta is the centerfold of the shotgun world in my opinion.
And that opinion is shared by most waterfowl hunters, whether they care to admit it or not. :thumbsup:

Idaho; great choice on a beautiful shotgun. You can be rightfully proud of that Beretta. I'm glad to see a relative newcomer to the autoloading game choose a quality gun for his first "automatic". Too many first-time buyers fall for the speil that a Mossberg/Yildiz/Baikal/Tristar/etc autoloader is just as good as a B-gun. They soon find out otherwise.
You are already two steps ahead of those guys....and they may never catch up! :lol3:

If you start with the best, you will never regret your decision. Nice job.

#5 ·
Thanks all! It definitely is a nice gun, I hope they make it for a while so it will be easy to find parts for if I ever need them. Haven't really had time to mess with it much, been working quite a bit. Hopefully I can get it out and shoot it.

I am glad I went with a quality brand. Honestly, some of those other brands were never in the mix. I know the Outlander isn't the top of the line from Beretta, in fact it's pretty much their budget model at $699 in camo. But it's what I could afford with a baby on the way and I'm proud of that gun. Hopefully I can give it a few hundred rounds and let you all know how it does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.