Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby A5Gunner » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Bernie P. wrote:Whats wrong with making as much money as they can.All they're trying to do is take care of their families just like the rest of us.

Nothing wrong with makin money but there should be a line somewhere. With these guys I don't think there is one. I'm just waiting for the Duck Commander tampons to hit the shelves of my local Wally World. :rolleyes:
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:18 pm

A5Gunner wrote:
Bernie P. wrote:Whats wrong with making as much money as they can.All they're trying to do is take care of their families just like the rest of us.

Nothing wrong with makin money but there should be a line somewhere. With these guys I don't think there is one. I'm just waiting for the Duck Commander tampons to hit the shelves of my local Wally World. :rolleyes:

hahaha max4 or MO duck blind???

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Bernie P. » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:14 am

Granted some of the stuff in their "novelty" line is silly but they're not hurting anyone or the gun/shooting sports offering such items.Certainly they have done far more good than harm for us.
Bernie P.
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Bernie P. wrote:Granted some of the stuff in their "novelty" line is silly but they're not hurting anyone or the gun/shooting sports offering such items.Certainly they have done far more good than harm for us.

Judging from the latest crop of ducktards they have inspired I would argue that the opposite is true. Had to call the man on some this morning. But hey, it's all good for them hunting on their private land counting the dollars. Nothing wrong with that so much but they are insulated from the jackwads they inspire to take up the sport. If they had to put up with these nimrods in their spot I wonder how gung ho they would be to "promote the sport".

By the way, would you really put your mouth on any call that came out of that shop handled by those clowns? I think the health department needs to make them all wear those beard nets...I would pay to see that. Wait a minute, health department, Louisiana, do they have those down there? :tongue:
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:50 pm

In the photo (duck call section of Cabela's Waterfowl catalog) while Willie is hoisting his Vince, Phil is quietly holding one of his "old" A-5's.

Browning may be able to take their sponsorship away from Robertson, but ya can't take the Browning out of Phil. :yes:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Bernie P. » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:46 am

There's never been a shortage of various species of tards in hunting.Hopefully those ducktards inspired by their show will learn better in time.
Bernie P.
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:21 am

I respected them when they were hunters that sold some calls. Now they are TV stars that hunt and also sell anything people are stupid enough to buy. Soon they will be on the scrap heap next to Honey Boo Boo, ect.

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Pepper1 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:03 pm

A River runs through it, repeated
Pepper1
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:In the photo (duck call section of Cabela's Waterfowl catalog) while Willie is hoisting his Vince, Phil is quietly holding one of his "old" A-5's.

Browning may be able to take their sponsorship away from Robertson, but ya can't take the Browning out of Phil. :yes:

I thought for sure that Browning would've picked them back up when they released their new A5. Nowadays a company couldn't give away a wood stocked, plain barreled shotgun but I bet Browning could sell a bunch of them if there was a life size pic of Phil Robertson next to a rack of Duck Commander Edition A5 shotguns.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:41 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:In the photo (duck call section of Cabela's Waterfowl catalog) while Willie is hoisting his Vince, Phil is quietly holding one of his "old" A-5's.

I thought for sure that Browning would've picked them back up when they released their new A5. Nowadays a company couldn't give away a wood stocked, plain barreled shotgun but I bet Browning could sell a bunch of them if there was a life size pic of Phil Robertson next to a rack of Duck Commander Edition A5 shotguns.

From what I understand, their contact at Browning lost his job and Browning then proceeded to dump any relationship with DC. Agreed, they probably would've taken Browning back if they'd extended a hand.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby cootlover » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:22 pm

I just love when you guy's get butt hurt when someone talks crap about your duck hunting God's :no: :no:
cootlover
hunter

Postby Bernie P. » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:05 am

I don't think anyone here regards them or anyone else as duck hunting Gods.I just cant see where the attack posts serve any purpose.
Bernie P.
hunter

Postby jrp267 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:29 am

Love them, hate them. The huge jump in duck stamp sales will pay dividends long after the people they brought in quit hunting.
jrp267
hunter

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:37 am

jrp267 wrote:Love them, hate them. The huge jump in duck stamp sales will pay dividends long after the people they brought in quit hunting.

And all those people will be selling basically brand new gear cheap next season, that's what I'm waiting for :clapping:
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:24 am

IMO, the huge public fascination with DD likely has a lot to do with the general public's perception of hunters (as portrayed by the liberal news media & Hollywood) versus the way the Robertsons conduct themselves, day in, day out. This fascination probably will begin to subside and level out as the "new" wears off. Meanwhile, the DD guys are making hay while the sun is shining, and anyone having some sort of issue with that M.O., is probably wearing a dark shade of green.

Mossberg and the Robertsons probably recognize the influx of "newbies" would likely be more inclined to purchase a "base model" type shotgun ergo, the strategic marketing alliance. This is normal marketing 101 and if you cannot get your arms around that, then you possibly have absolutely no idea of how business works are are relegating yourself to the ignorance of OMG Drama Queen status.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Hugatree » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:41 pm

How many seasoned duck hunters make buying decisions based upon input from paid endorsements? My guess is not many. I know such endorsements have no impact on what I decisions I make.
Metamucil Elite Team
Gold Bond Medicated Lotion Pro Staff
Hugatree
hunter

Postby buckmeister » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Well boys we were right, the only thing about the Mossberg duck commander shotguns is a duck commander sticker and an American flag bandana like wilie wears. They have the guns on the website now.
"Give me liberty or give me death"
buckmeister
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:46 pm

They dont look that bad to me, itd cost that much to dip a new one anyways. Plus the sticker i guess.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Bernie P. » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:29 am

Just when you thought you'd seen it all-
http://chia.com/index.php/chia-products-main
LOL!!!
Bernie P.
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:21 am

^^^Saw those at Fred Myers... :fingerhead:
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum