Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby orphanedcowboy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:13 am

MarkM wrote:No I am asking for proof that is someone other than you. You tout the Mossberg 935 more than anyone I know, yet when someone asks a simple question, you get defensive.


Maybe the NSA has the proof?

I tried to warn you.................. Image
NRA Life Member
User avatar
orphanedcowboy
hunter
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:39 am
Location: Ft. Worth, Texas


Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby Jon Bergren » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:39 am

MarkM wrote:
Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:Tell you what John Ned Swygard , I will do some searching real fast and here is what I found.


Ned S wrote:(Posted on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:24 pm)
I shoot 2 3/4" 7/8 oz of 4's in mine as long as they are going 1550 fps or faster. Also my 935 cycles 2 3/4" 1 oz of steel 3's just fine. I dove hunt also with mine using 7/8 oz of steel 6's at around 1800 fps. Ned S


Ned S wrote:(Posted on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:39 am)
The 930 is not overbored. The 935 will give you great patterns. I shoot the 2 3/4" Lightning Steel loads at around 1824 fps when the recipe says 1724 fps.(a lot of other mess typed, didn't want to flood this page.)


That is just two of your over 8,000 posts you had on that account before it got locked.

Should I keep going?

P.S. Have you ever looked at the google maps of the lake by you? It is covered in birds...


Why shouldn't I as you are insinuating I am a liar. Ned S

You are still insinuating I am a liar. Ned S


No I am asking for proof that is someone other than you. You tout the Mossberg 935 more than anyone I know, yet when someone asks a simple question, you get defensive.
Jon Bergren
hunter
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby MarkM » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:54 am

Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:
Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:Tell you what John Ned Swygard , I will do some searching real fast and here is what I found.


Ned S wrote:(Posted on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:24 pm)
I shoot 2 3/4" 7/8 oz of 4's in mine as long as they are going 1550 fps or faster. Also my 935 cycles 2 3/4" 1 oz of steel 3's just fine. I dove hunt also with mine using 7/8 oz of steel 6's at around 1800 fps. Ned S


Ned S wrote:(Posted on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:39 am)
The 930 is not overbored. The 935 will give you great patterns. I shoot the 2 3/4" Lightning Steel loads at around 1824 fps when the recipe says 1724 fps.(a lot of other mess typed, didn't want to flood this page.)


That is just two of your over 8,000 posts you had on that account before it got locked.

Should I keep going?

P.S. Have you ever looked at the google maps of the lake by you? It is covered in birds...


Why shouldn't I as you are insinuating I am a liar. Ned S

You are still insinuating I am a liar. Ned S


No I am asking for proof that is someone other than you. You tout the Mossberg 935 more than anyone I know, yet when someone asks a simple question, you get defensive.



If it is such a widely known thing, it should be easy to prove. Instead you keep saying "Why should I?" when it should be easy to give proof. I find it hard to believe that if it is so common, that the company who makes the gun doesn't say it.

Instead, you just show that you are more full of sh!t than a septic tank.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby Jon Bergren » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:06 am

MarkM wrote:
Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:
Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:Tell you what John Ned Swygard , I will do some searching real fast and here is what I found.


Ned S wrote:(Posted on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:24 pm)
I shoot 2 3/4" 7/8 oz of 4's in mine as long as they are going 1550 fps or faster. Also my 935 cycles 2 3/4" 1 oz of steel 3's just fine. I dove hunt also with mine using 7/8 oz of steel 6's at around 1800 fps. Ned S


Ned S wrote:(Posted on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:39 am)
The 930 is not overbored. The 935 will give you great patterns. I shoot the 2 3/4" Lightning Steel loads at around 1824 fps when the recipe says 1724 fps.(a lot of other mess typed, didn't want to flood this page.)


That is just two of your over 8,000 posts you had on that account before it got locked.

Should I keep going?

P.S. Have you ever looked at the google maps of the lake by you? It is covered in birds...


Why shouldn't I as you are insinuating I am a liar. Ned S

You are still insinuating I am a liar. Ned S


No I am asking for proof that is someone other than you. You tout the Mossberg 935 more than anyone I know, yet when someone asks a simple question, you get defensive.



If it is such a widely known thing, it should be easy to prove. Instead you keep saying "Why should I?" when it should be easy to give proof. I find it hard to believe that if it is so common, that the company who makes the gun doesn't say it.

Instead, you just show that you are more full of sh!t than a septic tank.


Now you are showing your true colors by calling me names. I'm done. Ned S
Jon Bergren
hunter
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby MarkM » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:10 am

Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:
Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:
Jon Bergren wrote:
MarkM wrote:Tell you what John Ned Swygard , I will do some searching real fast and here is what I found.


Ned S wrote:(Posted on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:24 pm)
I shoot 2 3/4" 7/8 oz of 4's in mine as long as they are going 1550 fps or faster. Also my 935 cycles 2 3/4" 1 oz of steel 3's just fine. I dove hunt also with mine using 7/8 oz of steel 6's at around 1800 fps. Ned S


Ned S wrote:(Posted on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:39 am)
The 930 is not overbored. The 935 will give you great patterns. I shoot the 2 3/4" Lightning Steel loads at around 1824 fps when the recipe says 1724 fps.(a lot of other mess typed, didn't want to flood this page.)


That is just two of your over 8,000 posts you had on that account before it got locked.

Should I keep going?

P.S. Have you ever looked at the google maps of the lake by you? It is covered in birds...


Why shouldn't I as you are insinuating I am a liar. Ned S

You are still insinuating I am a liar. Ned S


No I am asking for proof that is someone other than you. You tout the Mossberg 935 more than anyone I know, yet when someone asks a simple question, you get defensive.



If it is such a widely known thing, it should be easy to prove. Instead you keep saying "Why should I?" when it should be easy to give proof. I find it hard to believe that if it is so common, that the company who makes the gun doesn't say it.

Instead, you just show that you are more full of sh!t than a septic tank.


Now you are showing your true colors by calling me names. I'm done. Ned S


Correct. I showed my true colors by trying to get proof of what you say.

You showed yours when you failed to back-up your theory with results since 2005.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby cootlover » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Your right everybody was a newbie once but it seems like there a lot less clueless than before .
cootlover
hunter
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby DuckManClyde » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:06 pm

I don't think we should let the marketing aspect get in the way of what the D.C.s really are. True american entrepreneurs, who love to hunt. I'm sure with the popularity of the show, other places are begging for the D.C. name on their products. And honestly, who wouldn't love some more cash? These guys are living the american dream, and i don't think signing with mossberg is such a bad idea, Turkey Thugs did the same thing. ( granted most ppl never heard/watched them). Even though there are better brands, not a bad move at all in my opinion.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
User avatar
DuckManClyde
hunter
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 pm
Location: Milky Way, Earth, NA, MN

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby zachh72 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:20 pm

I personally love my Mossberg 835 although I have never owned one of their semi automatics.
"Every dog is a good dog, there is just something about a hunting dog that complete's a man."
zachh72
hunter
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:19 pm
Location: Moab, Utah

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby mudpack » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Jon Bergren wrote:I have shot an 835 for a year and owned a 935 for about seven years. None of the high priced guns can outpattern the 935. The only thing I have found is a Hastings Barrel/Chokes that will out pattern it, then only by a few per cent. Both have awesome patterns and my 935 runs almots all my reloads 100 fps faster. 7/8 oz of B's at 1865 fps is awesome. It will penetrate to kill to 80 yds. Ned S


Ned, have you had a new thought in the last 5 years?

If so, could you share it with the rest of us?
Particularly if it is about the Duck Commander boys and their recent endorsement contract with Mossberg........which is what this particular thread is about. (not your reloads)
mudpack
hunter
 
Posts: 5709
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby nnorem7618 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 pm

I was just in Walmart looking for a new croaky, and I was at the back of the store... I literally started shaking my head in shame when I saw the full stand of DC sunglasses, croakies, lens clothes, etc... Why do they need to expand there business into other parts of marketing? God knows they already have enough money to last their own and their children's (and possibly grandchildren's) lifetime.

But I don't really mind... I guess I would do the same if I were in their position (let's be honest, who wouldn't?). Oh, and you can't forget that it's A&E who are doing most of the merchandise marketing, so the DC shouldn't talk all the blame for it.
nnorem7618
hunter
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:47 pm

I just love the tone of my Brown Sugar.... cant fault that product.
User avatar
Elvis Kiwi
hunter
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:16 am
Location: South Island New Zealand

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby Specklebelly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:43 am

nnorem7618 wrote:I was just in Walmart looking for a new croaky, and I was at the back of the store... I literally started shaking my head in shame when I saw the full stand of DC sunglasses, croakies, lens clothes, etc... Why do they need to expand there business into other parts of marketing? God knows they already have enough money to last their own and their children's (and possibly grandchildren's) lifetime.

It is called Capitalism and I support them making as much money as they can. Look at Paula Dean, it can all end quickly so get it while you can.

We are joking to ourselves if we say we wouldn't do the same thing.
I love my SP-10
User avatar
Specklebelly
hunter
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Bolarus IX

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby DuckManClyde » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:10 am

Specklebelly wrote:
nnorem7618 wrote:I was just in Walmart looking for a new croaky, and I was at the back of the store... I literally started shaking my head in shame when I saw the full stand of DC sunglasses, croakies, lens clothes, etc... Why do they need to expand there business into other parts of marketing? God knows they already have enough money to last their own and their children's (and possibly grandchildren's) lifetime.

It is called Capitalism and I support them making as much money as they can. Look at Paula Dean, it can all end quickly so get it while you can.

We are joking to ourselves if we say we wouldn't do the same thing.


:grooving: hes right, off topic...but i have a paula deen cooking ware set. And it is amazing. Just sayin'
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
User avatar
DuckManClyde
hunter
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 pm
Location: Milky Way, Earth, NA, MN

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby Frank Lopez » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:54 am

The way I look at it, the Robertsons have done more to popularize waterfowling and hunting in general than anyone in the last 50 years, and that's a good thing. It's kind of like back in the 90s with the movie "A River Runs Through It" popularized fly fishing. The more people that get involved in hunting, the more social acceptance and the less vocalism from PETA and the rest of the bunny huggers.

I heard that A&E asked Phil Robertson to virtually eliminate hunting from the Duck Dynasty shows. He refused. He said that hunting is the basis for his success and he will not minimize it. The man was a star quarterback at La Tech with Terry Bradshaw as his backup! He could have played anywhere in the NFL, yet he chose not to because it "interfered with duck season"! At the very least, he's a man of conviction.

By the way, Ned's not a liar. Grossly mistaken at times, but not a liar. And the Mossberg 835 and the 935 are overbored, but I believe that the 535s are not. Mossberg developed the gun in the late 80s to shoot the new Federal 3.5 inch steel loads and deliver good patterns with the very large shot that was being used. My 835 patterns large steel shot (BBs and larger) very well. But with smaller shot, generally not as well as my Beretta. There are tendencies, but guns and loads are individuals.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
User avatar
Frank Lopez
hunter
 
Posts: 2937
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:34 pm
Location: Long Island New York

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby aunt betty » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:23 pm

On my knees...seriously.
Lord, I pray that everyone starts using Mossberg shotguns to hunt waterfowl like The Duck Commander sells.
I pray that they all misfire and jam. I ask this in Jesus' name.
Amen.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved
 
Posts: 11320
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:04 pm

mohammed ali did it to boxing
macenroe did it to tennis
Dennis The Menace sure as shooting did it to yacht racing..we just wanted to see the smug hua get beaten. sometimes our sport has allies is strange quarters, if it portrays our sport in a possitive way and gets more people involved ..well most of those people vote and MAY just be connected. do you fellas think ol Teddy bear would have stood for the crap you are facing today????
and Im not suggesting you take ol whammyohbammywhowannahumpyourmammy out into the swamp lands ...although....nah wont go there.but any good press has got to help.
User avatar
Elvis Kiwi
hunter
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:16 am
Location: South Island New Zealand

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby 3200 man » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Eazy now Elvis ! Don't get all fired-up , as Phil used to say about his black Bitch .

You just mite start using all those slang words , people down-under refer to , Idiot's ?

And ,your wammymammy won't like it . :lol3: :hi:

3200
3200 man
hunter
 
Posts: 2792
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 am

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby 3200 man » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:40 pm

I thought Phil would be happier with a Tribore gun , that's gas operated and built like an 870 Wingmaster ?

Kind of like a Mossy with No forcing cone and a tapered barrel from (.740 to .725 ) ! :beer:
3200 man
hunter
 
Posts: 2792
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 am

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Off topic but anyone think the DC boys use non DC calls off camera?
BonzaiDuck227
hunter
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby Batsto » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Mossberg 535 is a nice gun. Camo, 2 barrels, shoots 3.5s. A nice versitile gun at a resonable price tag.
Batsto
hunter
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:47 am
Location: Marlton, NJ

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby DuckManClyde » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:23 pm

hahaha Another guy on this same topic said he saw this and i couldnt help myself. I took this pic just for you all !!! :hi:
Attachments
clydes game calls 085.jpg
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
User avatar
DuckManClyde
hunter
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 pm
Location: Milky Way, Earth, NA, MN

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby z51 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:22 am

BonzaiDuck227 wrote:Off topic but anyone think the DC boys use non DC calls off camera?


Don't know but if they want to make ducky sounds there are many many better calls. My prayer is everyone switches to DC calls.
z51
hunter
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:02 am
Location: Central Arkansas

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby mawtrfowler » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:07 pm

BonzaiDuck227 wrote:Off topic but anyone think the DC boys use non DC calls off camera?

I'm sure they use their higher end calls. I've heard that the higher end calls are decent calls. My friend bought a duck picker and it doesn't sound right. I'll stick with my Spitfire. There's no reason for them not to use their calls, if anybody can tune them its those guys.
User avatar
mawtrfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:34 am
Location: Northeast MA

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby 3200 man » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:40 pm

For some reason , when Phil and Coco were shooting ducks from a plank blind back in the swamp ,with his 16 ga browning
hump-back , I thought , these guys are for real . Now , my interest has been taken away , as it's not about ducks but , stuff .

I'll just look at the video's and remember how it was .
3200 man
hunter
 
Posts: 2792
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 am

Re: Duck Commander signed with Mossberg!!??

Postby Two boots goody » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:08 pm

They are riding their big wave in while they can. Thankfully every wave hits a shoreline. Their credibility for products goes about as far as a penguin flies.
User avatar
Two boots goody
hunter
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: Annapolis, Maryland

PreviousNext

Return to Shotgun Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests