beretta displeased with you

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

beretta displeased with you

Postby keith96 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:46 pm

ok so i decided to buy a semi auto to duck hunt with.i looked for 2 years and went back and forth between benelli and beretta i settled on a beretta a 300 outlander . i got it home nxt day i took it crow hunting (it was supose to be able to cycle any load)the gun jamed stoved piped wouldnt eject and wouldnt cycle . i took it home and cleaned it took it outside and tryed cycleing evey thing from 2 3/4 lead to 3inch steel nothin it was then i relize that when i sighted down the rid it was bent ever so slightly i took it back to ***** to have it sent for repair it was then when we relized that the action and bold was stiffer then the other outlanders on display so it was sent back this was about 4 mounths ago! i havent herd a word from beretta or ***** so i called about the gun and was told the parts to fix it were on back order and they had no idea when the parts would be in im so displeased i belive i sould just be sent a new gun and this time in cammo .if anyone else had this prob let me know im not alone please :sad: :no: :fingerpt:
(-true waterfowling-)
keith96
hunter

Re: beretta displeased with you

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:17 pm

I have a Beretta 92fs pistol that I had to send in once. It took a while to get it back. About two months, but it was everything I could ask for. Still had the Italian frame but had the American slide. Perfect. Four months is a long time but you sent them a gun for repair and they need parts to repair your gun. Yeah it sucks but sometimes that's just how it goes. Have you asked them if they would replace the gun? Remind them that hunting seasons are about to start kicking off and that they have your only gun. :wink:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Oldman1949 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:49 am

"--- i belive i sould just be sent a new gun and this time in cammo ---"

Why should you be sent a camo gun instead of what you bought ?????
Oldman1949
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:44 am

keith96 wrote:ok so i decided to buy a semi auto to duck hunt with.i looked for 2 years and went back and forth between benelli and beretta i settled on a beretta a 300 outlander . i got it home nxt day i took it crow hunting (it was supose to be able to cycle any load)the gun jamed stoved piped wouldnt eject and wouldnt cycle . i took it home and cleaned it took it outside and tryed cycleing evey thing from 2 3/4 lead to 3inch steel nothin it was then i relize that when i sighted down the rid it was bent ever so slightly i took it back to ***** to have it sent for repair it was then when we relized that the action and bold was stiffer then the other outlanders on display so it was sent back this was about 4 mounths ago! i havent herd a word from beretta or ***** so i called about the gun and was told the parts to fix it were on back order and they had no idea when the parts would be in im so displeased i belive i sould just be sent a new gun and this time in cammo .if anyone else had this prob let me know im not alone please :sad: :no: :fingerpt:

You just be flat unlucky. Every once in awhile, even the best gun makers let a lemon slip through. It's part of the imperfect world we live in.
It may please you to know that you just took one for the huge team of 10000 A300 owners who will now experience a lifetime of trouble-free performance from their Berettas. (or, it may not) :biggrin:
mudpack
hunter

Postby z51 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:37 am

Berretta is well known for slow/poor customer service. Their fanboys hate admit it. I believe the barrel on the Outlander is made in Turkey.
z51
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:48 am

keith96 wrote: i took it back to ***** to have it sent for repair it was then when we relized that the action and bold was stiffer then the other outlanders on display...

Surprised this wasn't caught by you or the salespeople before you purchased it. :huh:
****'s should have taken the gun and given you another identical gun...no questions asked.
mudpack
hunter

Postby IdahoD » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Man that sucks! Mine has been running like a champ. 3 boxes through of mixed 7/8 oz., 1 oz., and 1 1/8 oz. with not a single jam or anything. Cycles fast, recoil is light, points great. Love my A300 Outlander. Let us know how this ends up for you. Hope you get things worked out soon!
IdahoD
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:59 pm

I've been taking folks waterfowling virtually daily in season since the mid '80s, and the only gun I've seen a fellow literally chunk in the pond was a Beretta. But from what I've seen of all the makes, if there was no Benelli, I'd be using Beretta.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby keith96 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:47 pm

got the gun back yesterday they said they replaced the barel it was twisted .but i took it home and it appers the bolt is new and scence the barel was replaced it has a new gas system i took it out a ran rounds through it she runs like a champ im very pleased with it now and cant wait to put it through its paces during a long hard duck sesion
(-true waterfowling-)
keith96
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:46 am

great to hear it got sorted in the end.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:49 pm

Beretta from this point on will be having all repairs done thru their authorized repair centers. Cole's is the best one.

Sent from my Tesla coil
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:08 am

mudpack wrote:
keith96 wrote: i took it back to ***** to have it sent for repair it was then when we relized that the action and bold was stiffer then the other outlanders on display...

Surprised this wasn't caught by you or the salespeople before you purchased it. :huh:
****'s should have taken the gun and given you another identical gun...no questions asked.

Have you ever purchased a gun from ****'s? I would bet dollars to doughnuts there is MAYBE one employee in the entire lodge-of every store, that would even have the slightest clue that the bolt should not have been that stiff, let alone how to even out it together correctly. I know this because I ran the lodge at my local store and litterally had to have a "training session" on every new gun we got in so my sales crew didn't #1 ruin the thing trying to assemble it and #2 they could actually sell the thing and not sound like a complete botard in the process. Seriously, ****'s as a rule is about the worst place to buy a firearm if you are expecting knowlegable staff. Knowledge about sporting goods IS NOT required to work in the lodge at ****'s... :no:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby TomKat » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:40 am

I have a AL300 Silver Mallard I bought used. It had a rusty barrel and the rest of it was in good shape.

I cleaned it up, bought a new barrel from Beretta (got it in 3 days) put a heavy duty recoil spring in it, and now its shooting like a champ.

Haters are gonna hate.

I love my Benelli, but the Beretta is a great gun, too.

Sell that gun and get you a 391
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby bickford » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:44 pm

I had to send a pistol back once and it wasn't a hard transaction at all.
bickford
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum