am I going to regret it?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

am I going to regret it?

Postby Max4Holly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Just bought a brand new stoger m3500...anybody think I'm going to regret it?
Max4Holly
hunter

Re: am I going to regret it?

Postby gsurko » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:02 am

Only you can decide that.
gsurko
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:44 am

I bought one last month and I really like it.

There are always going to be folks who say you have to pay over 1000 for a quality semi. I don't think you will regret your purchase.

The reviews as a whole have been really good.
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby zachh72 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Own one I definitely don't regret it.
"Every dog is a good dog, there is just something about a hunting dog that complete's a man."
zachh72
hunter

Postby Max4Holly » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:01 pm

I read all the reviews and everything like that, I bought it about a month ago and put a couple rounds through it and shot about fifty percent but That's probably because I haven't shot since January, gonna get it out next week and see What we can do. What chokes do those of you that own one of these guns use?
Max4Holly
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:20 am

Max4Holly wrote: I bought it about a month ago and put a couple rounds through it and shot about fifty percent...?

Do you mean it malfunctioned half the time???

Will you regret the purchase? Maybe, maybe not. The chances of regretting the purchase of a lower quality shotgun are greater than with the purchase of a higher-grade gun. You really do get what you pay for.

I've had crapguns (JCHiggins, Springfield), and I've had good guns (Browning, Beretta, Wingmasters). While none of them have been completely trouble-free over the decades, the good guns have been far more reliable and given far more satisfaction.
mudpack
hunter

Postby Omaha Clucker » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:57 am

I agree with the above about every tier of gun has its lemons. You could search this forum and any other forum and at the end of the day you'll learn every gun on the planet is both the "best" and "worst" shotgun ever made. The beauty in that is if it turns out you don't care for it, you can always sell it and go find another. Personally I don't have a problem with Stoeger. My M2000 always held up its end of the deal when it came to shooting. I was just the only guy shooting a 3" in my group and decided I wanted a 3.5" option. Happy shooting!
Omaha Clucker
hunter

Postby papagoosehtr » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:14 am

I don't think you will regret it most everthing I have read on these guns is positive. From what I ve read keeping any auto is the key to happy hunting.
papagoosehtr
hunter

Postby elkhunt » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:48 pm

I have had mine for almost a year. If you take the time break it in right. The gun will eat anything you feed it. I do not regret the purchase at all. A simple gun that dose not cost a arm and leg. Easily broken down and clean. Plus I have not had a single jam after I fed it a few boxes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
elkhunt
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:00 pm

The tone of the post suggest you already do.

Sent from my Tesla coil
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby CutEmUp89 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:58 am

I've been having a hard time trying to decide whether to get a M3500 or spend more and get a SBEII or a A5. The more people that sit on here and talk about how much they like there M3500 makes it an easier decision on my part and save a little more money for something else :biggrin:
Phillip Price

Fowl Obession Duck & Goose Calls Staff

Kill em' with their feet down, and wings cupped!

"I guess no one knows about Mo Booter?"
CutEmUp89
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum