Duck Hunting Forum banner

J D Dougall 4 Bore

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  hillbilly.. 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new here... anyone know what a J D dougall 4 bore is worth? I have about 30 paper hulls primed not loaded, I found the value online at 40.00 a piece. I just would like to get a concrete value on the gun for insurance purposes. any feedback would be great. have a blessed day

#5 ·
ESDuckHunter said:
how do I post pictures? sorry new to the forum
Hit reply, then look toward the bottom below the submit button and you will see a tab called "upload attachment". Just choose the file from your computer and you are there. If it doesn't work, send me a PM and I will give you my email address and I can post it for you.

#8 ·
I am a collector of J. D. Dougall guns. I have 12 twelve of his guns including a double rifle.
I have also written/published three articles on J. D. Dougall.

I know of two other Dougall 4 bores. Both of these are single-barrel punt guns, i.e. having a an oarlock for a forend.
If your gun is a SxS, it would be extremently unusual.

I do not know how much your gun is worth, but it is of any help, I recently purchased an 8-bore Lockfast SxS.
The asking price was $9K. I bought it for significantly less. This gun is in encellent condition.
If your gun is in good condition, I suspect it is worth signficantly more than my 8-bore If it were mine, I would insure if for somewhere between $12-15K. It might be worth much more to the right person. You have a very neat gun. Treasure it.

This is my first post to this forum. I don't know if there is any way for you to reach me directly, though DuckHunting Chat, but if you can reach me via e-mail, I will send you a copy of an article I wrote on on J. D. Dougall.

#9 ·
clampdaddy said:
Oh no. Please tell us that it hasn't been stolen or burned up in a fire........and if it is safe and sound, can we see a picture? :biggrin: Never seen a real double quarter pounder before.
there was another guy on here that's over seas and his buddies hunt with a 8 and a 4 and I wantd pictures but never got any maybe I need to pm him .

#10 ·
I am willing to send pictures via email of proof marks and anything else needed to get a value. I have not been able to find any articles to tell me value. sorry for the late responses, if it helps my number is 7576426701, just wanting to know the guns worth honestly. my email is build@rocsolidfoundation.org, any help is appreciated but I don't get on the forum between college and hunting
-Brandon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.