ruger semi auto 3.1/2 duck gun

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

ruger semi auto 3.1/2 duck gun

Postby garlicsalt » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Ok lets try this again. i think this would be a kick butt idea (duck butt ). why do you think they wont build one, what is the hold up? i think if we post enough about this idea perhaps someone over ruger way might wake up. what do you folks think? the interweb is a powerful thing :thumbsup:
garlicsalt
hunter

Re: ruger semi auto 3.1/2 duck gun

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Auto or pump, I don't care which. Just put the safety behind the trigger, no aluminum receiver, and offer it in a stainless model. Do it!!!!
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby garlicsalt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:19 pm

come on guys really, just clampdaddy and garlicsalt are into this idea WTHECK LETS GET THE BALL ROLLING RIGHT HEAR ON DHC GO GO GO. ty
garlicsalt
hunter

Postby JWG » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:21 pm

semi and pump. high post ribs, rear safety, camo and wood/blue. pass shoot, decoy and upland models. while we're at it, 11 gauge(pointless i know but i think i would own one). they could use the super redhawk/blackhawk as model names. one could be a fancy line and the other the more base model. pick your operation for the semi, both seem to work good when the nails hit on the head-
there ya go
JWG
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:28 am

Don't be naive. Just because a couple (or a couple hundred) guys on the internet want Ruger to build another shotgun, doesn't mean squat.
A company has to have a market of tens of thousands if they are going to invest money in engineering, tooling, vendors, and production facilities to come out with a new gun.

The autoloader market is flooded now with shotguns: high-end guns like Beretta and Benelli, mid-range guns from Remington, Winchester and Browning, and low-end "value" guns from Mossberg/Maverick and dozens of Turkish and Russian plants. We already have dozens of choices of brands and hundreds of choices of models to choose from. Ruger would be facing a tough market and they know it.
I'd be very surprised to see them come out with a new shotgun.

But if they did, and it was in the $1600-$1800 range (i.e. a target-type gun), I'd certainly consider buying one.... :thumbsup:
mudpack
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum