DU-TV: Oklahoma Geese - Browning A5 jam

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

DU-TV: Oklahoma Geese - Browning A5 jam

Postby tbarto » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Anyone see this show that just aired this week. Did you notice how the guy using the new Browning A5 had 2 shells jam on him when shooting at the geese. Both shells failed to eject and got caught up. Not good advertising for the new A5??? :fingerhead:
tbarto
hunter

Re: DU-TV: Oklahoma Geese - Browning A5 jam

Postby Jon Bergren » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Probably wasn't broke in yet. I manually break my new guns in and never had a problem. My Excell auto was not broke in and I had a problem until it had cycled 6 shells. I hadn't had time to do the breaking in manually. We (6 of us) shot three boxes of shells thru it and it functioned perfectly after the first six shells. I then honed all the moving parts when I got it home. Hasn't missed a beat in 5 yrs.
Jon Bergren
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Definitely noticed that. Looked to me like it may have been the same scene, just re-cut and re-played. I thought the same thing as far as advertising go. They should've edited it out. Did you have to break your 935 Ned?
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dso190 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Definitely the same scene shown twice but still not good advertising. Especially with Browning as one of the top dollar sponsors of the show. Since it was filmed early fall last year, maybe it was an early production model that wasn't properly prepared pre-hunt.
dso190
hunter

Postby JWG » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:43 am

Cleaned all the protective stuff outa mine. Started out shooting some old win Super-x 3" BB lead loads I got at sportsman's guide years back(1 5/8 Oz w/t-shirt yeee-haw) then started shooting win super target 1 1/8 oz. Shot some old 3 1/2" and 3" steel and a week later shot 8 more boxes of those super targets with a bunch of family with one jam and Im pretty sure my uncle had a shell on the carrier and one not pushed all the way into the magazine. The gun got passed around a lot and everyone seemed to shoot it well.
Love the gun, points and feels very good!
JWG
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:49 am

duckbuster06 wrote: Did you have to break your 935 Ned?

935's generally break all by themselves.

:biggrin:

I find it interesting that my first three autoloaders needed no break-in: a Gold, an 11-87, and an Xtrema2. Took 'em outta' the boxes, loaded them up, and hunted with them.........no problems.
My last auto, an SX3, may be a different story: a problem from the very start but it's not been cured by over 500 rounds through it...
mudpack
hunter

Postby MNjonboatguy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:36 pm

I've seen the same thing on different hunting shows. Those guys always get brand new stuff and rarely take the time to break it in. I bought my first semi-auto (Vinci) this past winter and was very glad I went and shot sporting clays with it before spring snow season. I didn't have any problems, but it gave me a chance to get to know the gun on fake, cheap, clay targets.

*Also, when you buy your first semi-auto...there is no amount of mental preparation that will stop you from trying to pump it. Even after 2 rounds of sporting clays. haha :hi:
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Postby Specklebelly » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:06 pm

MNjonboatguy wrote:*Also, when you buy your first semi-auto...there is no amount of mental preparation that will stop you from trying to pump it. Even after 2 rounds of sporting clays. haha :hi:

Same thing when I go from auto to pump. I never remember to pump
I love my SP-10
Specklebelly
hunter

Postby XR-2 Fan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:48 am

I just got one in a trade that had been shot twice and that's the most cosmoline I've ever seen in a gun. Prolly didn't do the initial cleaning.
XR-2 Fan
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum