Springfield 67 help

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Springfield 67 help

Postby Buffleheadhunter » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:55 am

Just picked up a Springfield 67 pump gun for a steal. It's far from Prestine but for $25 I couldn't resist as I always need a loaner. Owner thought action bar was broke but after taking it all down it looks like there's a way to attach action bar to forearm but for the life of me I can't get it to stay.

So has any on taken one down? There's a nut in front of forearm that holds the wood to the tube and a notch that holds the action bar and turns but I just can't figure out how to line it all up. Any tips?
Buffleheadhunter
hunter

Re: Springfield 67 help

Postby MarkM » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:16 pm

http://www.gun-parts.com/savageshotgun/Jan22_08.jpg

That is a parts diagram of it I believe...
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby Buffleheadhunter » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Thanks but not my shotgun. Mine is a 67e as shown here :

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacture ... htm?page=6

As you can see parts 53,57,58 are supposed to join to hold the action bar (53) I've cranked it all down and it keeps spitting it out when I rack the action. Tabs on 53 are present and not worn.
Buffleheadhunter
hunter

Postby MarkM » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Wow that gun is different... I honestly couldn't tell you anything about how that one is setup. If nobody else can, try taking it to a local gun shop. They might be able to help you out.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby A5Mag12 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:30 pm

I'm confused. Did you steal the gun or did the guy steal your money?
A5Mag12
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:16 am

A5Mag12 wrote:I'm confused. Did you steal the gun or did the guy steal your money?

:lol:

Now, down to seriousness:

I just took my own Model 67 apart to see how it is put together. It's slightly different in several ways (it's a 67F) and the action bar (#53) appears to be soldered/brazed to the slider tube (#57). It has the other parts....#58 and #60...but they don't seem to be holding #54 to #57. Bottom line: #53 and #57 are solidly together and I cannot separate them.
I wish I had better news.

Maybe you could solder them together using high temp silver solder ????
mudpack
hunter

Postby Buffleheadhunter » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:10 am

Thank you. Judging from my schematics it doesn't appear the action bar is supposed to be solidly attached. My initial thoughts were it had to be but there is no remnants of silver solder or braze marks. I can do either but am thinking the nothes at the end of the tube are worn and not tight enough to hold everything in place. Numrich has the part for $20-$30. May call and see what they think. Worst case I'll braze it and call it a day.

At $25 its worth more in parts if I don't figure it out. Took it, a Winchester 37 and a marlin 336 for $250. While I wouldn't say stole, I would say I could sell the marlin for $250 alone. If its free its for me.
Buffleheadhunter
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum