Winchester SX3 vs Beretta A300 Outlander

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Winchester SX3 vs Beretta A300 Outlander

Postby Natimage » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:46 pm

I have a deal where I can get one of these at a discount from their original prices, the Outlander is still about $200 cheaper and already camo'd but I know NOTHING about them...what do you think is the better, more reliable, softer shooting, etc?
Natimage
hunter

Re: Winchester SX3 vs Beretta A300 Outlander

Postby Takeem406 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:59 pm

I love the wife's SX3. It's pretty much like my Browning Maxus without the shell cut off. Very reliable shotguns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Takeem406
hunter

Postby dukhntr » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:33 pm

I can't comment on that specific beretta, but I've had an Extrema 2, and a 390. Both were great. I bought an SX3 last year. I have always shot Benellis or Berettas. I really, really like the sx3. If it were me, I'd get the SX3. I haven't hunted my Benelli SB1, M2 or M1 since getting the sx3.....
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby dukhntr » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:34 pm

I can't comment on that specific beretta, but I've had an Extrema 2, and a 390. Both were great. I bought an SX3 last year. I have always shot Benellis or Berettas. I really, really like the sx3. If it were me, I'd get the SX3. I haven't hunted my Benelli SB1, M2 or M1 since getting the sx3.....
dukhntr
State Moderator

Postby Columbia Basin Local » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:08 am

I'm in a simialr boat. I've hunted with an SX3 for two years now. Functions well but not sure if it performs like others said it would. Comes down to feel,how well you shoot it, and if you like it. To me it points better and feels lighter than most but after gaining more time in the blind I'm finding out what i like. I'm starting to prefer a nose heavy gun with some weight to it for waterfowl.The SX3 is not that gun. I keep hearing about the 390 and it's brother the 3901. I'm seriously looking at the 3901's i found NOS at local shops. Also picked up a Stoeger 3500. Laughs aside i found those who actually own one never have a problem with it. It's only the guys that have an opinion but have never shot one that say it sucks. Weird? I don't need a 3.5'' so i migh be looking a 3000 also.
"We're calling, because the birds won't respond to texts."- Jim Ronquest, RNT-V
Columbia Basin, home of the sagebrush duck blind!

Cody
Columbia Basin Local
hunter

Postby Natimage » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:22 am

We ended up getting the Beretta because it was $200 cheaper and already camo'd which is nice. My wife is known to be tough on barrels in the duck boat so the camo is real nice for her. First impressions are awesome! The system they have to adjust length of pull, drop and cast are great and we have her gun fitting like a glove to her now. It shoulders very naturally and swings easy. That being said, it hasn't seen a round through it yet but this weekend we're hitting the sporting clays course so then we'll see how it actually shoots. So far though I think we made the right choice for her.
Natimage
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Natimage wrote:We ended up getting the Beretta because it was $200 cheaper and already camo'd which is nice. My wife is known to be tough on barrels in the duck boat so the camo is real nice for her. First impressions are awesome! The system they have to adjust length of pull, drop and cast are great and we have her gun fitting like a glove to her now. It shoulders very naturally and swings easy. That being said, it hasn't seen a round through it yet but this weekend we're hitting the sporting clays course so then we'll see how it actually shoots. So far though I think we made the right choice for her.

Let us know what you think after you put some rounds through it. I've got the 3901 and love it. I've been thinking about picking up an A300 just for the heck of it.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Return to Shotgun Forum