Duck Hunting Forum banner

Any New A5 Owners out there??

4K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  bshaver 
#1 ·
Just wondering how you like it so far? I have a 3.5" model and its one sweet shooting gun.

One question. Have any of you guys tried to "float" a shell in it? Mine will do it but I haven't shot it this way yet. This would be useful for early goose season and deer season for me. Does anyone see any potential harm to the action? The older Benellis would do it without malfunction.

Thanks.

#13 ·
Ive had mine 3" version for over a year now. Not one hic-up yet. From cheapo wally world loads to 3" magnums. Keepes spittin em out. But I do like my sbe2 more. Just shoulders and feels much better to me.

#14 ·
Picked up my new A5 almost a month ago. Love the gun, very smooth action and very light recoil. Lighter recoil than my Super Vinci. Very solid gun. If I had it to do over again and didn't have the Benelli, Id choose the A5 over the Super Vinci. Just my two cents though.

#16 ·
Got mine last Thursday. Shot about 150 through it. Heaviest thing I shot was some 3" 1 1/8 oz #2's and I'd say there was less recoil then in my Xtrema 2 w/o kickoff.

So far Im in love with this gun. It just shoulders great for me.

My only gripe is the lining in the case is ripped up in a couple places. Anybody had that problem?

#17 ·
Case linning was torn as well. I dont use the case though.
Have shot 3.5s out of mine and the recoil is less than my SV. Recoil is great. Love the gun. Mine does not like light loads though.

#20 ·
Bought mine in April. According to browning mine was the 17th one in my configuration off the line. 28" max4 3 1/2. Absolutely love this gun. Put around 150 target loads through it and 30 3's and 3 1/2's just to pattern it without any issues. The easiest shotgun to break down and clean too. It hasn't proven itself in the blind just yet, so I'm hangin on to my A390 just in case!

#23 ·
I purchased a 3" a while back in black synthetic and freaking loved it. So much so that I bought a Shadowgrass Blades 3-1/2" this past Thursday. So far it's killed several dove and no teal since we didn't see any opening morning. It's shot 3" duck loads and trash dove low brass without a single hiccup. Haven't shot any 3.5" yet but so far the recoil is less than my Benelli's. I really like the gun. Plus they look SWEETTTTT!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.