firepower vs fit

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

firepower vs fit

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:52 pm

took my old single barrel Baikal out for a walk this morning while checking our sheep and the trap line
first shot fired was a 40grm load of lead #4s the last one I had result 1 dead rabbit 30 yards
second shot was a factory steel #3 result one dead in the air parrie duck at 30ish yards
third shot was a 7/8th oz load of steel #4s at a bolting small rabbit the dog put out at 15-20 yards one dead bunny
Last edited by Elvis Kiwi on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Re: firepower vs fit

Postby 3200 man » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Does this say , you're a better Bunny shooter than one on the fly ? Or , Rab- bits are better eating over there ?
3200 man
hunter

Re: firepower vs fit

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:53 pm

lol one shot at a stationary target
one flying and last one running flat out :huh:
its good to have great gun fit the aim is instinctive up and boom
my ol shottie looks like crap, but shoots like a dream, for me at least. trouble being my son has taken a liking to it as well :huh: nah no problem there, he is welcome to use her and Ill lug the pump around, I just thought I would post this as going by the threads started lately a lot of guys get all hung up on choke and what load when good gun fit is 75% of the battle before you slap the trigger, at the closer range targets anyway.
and yes the cotton tail bunnies are good eating as are the hares.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum