SX3 chokes...

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: SX3 chokes...

Postby rebelcj7 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:45 am

As stated most every gun will pattern differently from the next. Many many choices out there and a majority of them do good. It will alot of times boil down to personal preference. Me and my guns prefer Hevi Shot chokes and while they pattern great with just about every waterfowl load ive tested out. They absolutely eat up and LOVE Hevi Metal shells!
rebelcj7
hunter

Postby Columbia Basin Local » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:27 pm

I spent the last two years patterning this gun. Call me nuts but I actually enjoy the process! If your in timber and an average shot, i would stick with the factory Mod. I can't see you needing to shoot over 35 yds very often. Plus cripples won't be an issue when you(and if you) run out of pattern. If you want to buy a choke get a ext IM by any decent company as they all will work similar enough. Try # 3's in 1 1/8th - 1 1/4 and # 2's in 1 1/4
"We're calling, because the birds won't respond to texts."- Jim Ronquest, RNT-V
Columbia Basin, home of the sagebrush duck blind!
Columbia Basin Local
hunter

Postby no3topqb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:36 pm

OK. So I just ordered the browning grand passage in a light mod and imp mod. I think that should cover just about every situation I might be in. Thanks for all the input and help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
no3topqb
hunter

Postby youngoilguy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:37 am

Mine patterns very tight. Mod is for looong range ic for everything else

My factory chokes are great so I never explored aftermarket ones. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
assateague wrote:I hunt to kill. It's why I take a gun instead of a camera. And it's a goose- lighten up.

best quote ever
youngoilguy
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum