Duck Hunting Forum banner

best chokes for sbe2?

5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  number3shot 
#1 ·
whats the best choke for duck hunting
and dove??

#2 ·
I just went to the range with my new SBE and was shooting heavy dove loads with the stock MOD and was creming them. That's what I plan on using opening day of dove. I bought a carlson ext full for later in duck season. But will probably stick with the mod early season.

#4 ·
Hands down the briley dove duster which is LM. Patterned it against my patternmaster and sending the patternmaster code black back jack ! Sorry just had to say that lol Anyways, after 40 rounds of all types of ammo. Kent's, xpert, federal, bc, hevi metal, silver steel. the briley did very well from 25 and 40 yards out compared to my mod choke and my pm choke.

#7 ·
I've had the SBE II and now shoot the Super Vinci. A Mod choke is what I've always used for Ducks as well as Doves. This year I broke down and bought a Pattern Master Choke Mod. Can't wait to try it out soon. Hoping it's going to take care of so many cripples.

#16 ·
When I first got my Hk SBE, I went through a bunch of diff aftermarket chokes in search of the best one. I tried Patternmaster, Briley, Carlson, CompNchoke, Kicks, and Wad Wizzard. Then, when I tried Terror chokes, the lights came on and I was in business. Unfortunately, Terror chokes are no longer being made and there are a few still avaiable right now, When current stock is gone, that will be it. My main Terror I use for the SBE is the .700 constriction and it stays screwed in my barrel the whole season. Glad I got mine and I dont want to use any other choke in my 12ga. I have three Terrors for my Benelli which are .675, .685 and .700. My son has a M1 Benelli and he has a .700 Terror for his.

Chris

#17 ·
Many many choices out there and a majority of them do good. It will alot of times boil down to personal preference. Me and my guns prefer Hevi Shot chokes and while they pattern great with just about every waterfowl load ive tested out. They absolutely eat up and LOVE Hevi Metal shells!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.