Super Vinci shim plate issues

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Super Vinci shim plate issues

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:05 pm

On my new super vinci I have been having a problem with the shim plate moving when I screw the barrel on and in turn making it so the receiver won't fit on and push down snug to lock it in. Has anyone had this issue before? And if so what was the fix. After a few times of assembling and dissasembling I have to loosen the lock nut on the shim plate and adjust it accordingly so the back of the receiver slips over it without any obstruction. It's kind of aggravating having to do this on a brand new $1700 Italian made shotgun, and benelli isn't answer my emails or calls, someone help please!
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Re: Super Vinci shim plate issues

Postby DuckmanOK » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:36 pm

When its new its hard to place the barrell for awhile but if the screw is in the shim there shoukd not be an issue. I hope I read your question correctly. I have not had any issues. Take it to where u bought the gun and ask questions . That would be my first stop unless someone else chins in on here.
DuckmanOK
hunter

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:33 am

DuckmanOK wrote:When its new its hard to place the barrell for awhile but if the screw is in the shim there shoukd not be an issue. I hope I read your question correctly. I have not had any issues. Take it to where u bought the gun and ask questions . That would be my first stop unless someone else chins in on here.

The barrel is hard to put on right now, only thing I can think of is that if I didn't have the lock nut tight enough the force from threading on the barrel kicks the shim plate a hair off.
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Postby Mostafa » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi BonzaiDuck

Most probably you've made a mistake when assembling the Stock nut , called (stock lock ring nut unit)

please notice that the barrel/reciever module is attached to the stock with that nut , and the only thing that prevents the nut from rotating around itself is mainly the small black axe to the left of the threaded steel screw (in addition to torque on the wrench)
so here is my suggestions :
1) fully disassemble the 3 modules apart ,
2)unscrew the nut ,
3) make sure that the shim is placed correctly such that the writings is visible to you not inverted (the small notch in the lower rectangle of the shim plate is in the upper left) ,
4)while placing the nut make sure that the small black axe is passing through the notch of the stock lock ring nut unit, and
5)screw the nut , when nut is fully screwed you will notice that the stock lock ring nut unit is fully adhered to the shim plate.

when assembling the barrel/reciever module notice that for the new gun it will be quite tight and need some muscles to assemble (for the first 5-7 times)

Then you're good to go

Best Wishes

Mostafa
Mostafa
Newb

Postby WalpoleTed » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:29 am

Just in case that fix doesn't work for you, this guy was pretty responsive when I needed tech support:

Joe D'Agostino
Technical Service Rep, Benelli USA
p: 410-957-3176
f: 410-957-4184
jdagostino@benelliusa.com
techsupport3@benelliusa.com
WalpoleTed
hunter

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:30 pm

Resolved the issue, the plate that came on the gun was faulty and tolerances were off.
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Postby DuckmanOK » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:15 pm

BonzaiDuck227 wrote:Resolved the issue, the plate that came on the gun was faulty and tolerances were off.

how was the benelli customer service?
DuckmanOK
hunter

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:16 pm

DuckmanOK wrote:
BonzaiDuck227 wrote:Resolved the issue, the plate that came on the gun was faulty and tolerances were off.

It sucked, had to figure it out on my own reading thru endless forums and getting out my reloading caliper to measure. Paid all this money for a gun almost makes me want to sell it and get a browning or beretta.
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Postby DuckmanOK » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:04 pm

BonzaiDuck227 wrote:
DuckmanOK wrote:

It sucked, had to figure it out on my own reading thru endless forums and getting out my reloading caliper to measure. Paid all this money for a gun almost makes me want to sell it and get a browning or beretta.

Well beretta owns Benelli so not sure if it is different
DuckmanOK
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum