Benelli SBE 2 Performance

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Benelli SBE 2 Performance

Postby JWG » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:24 pm

Describe, if you please, the performance out of this firearm(s). Whatever model of SBE 2 you have. Patterning, recoil, aesthetics, reliability, and above all, PROBLEMS! Any experiance you have had with one, or simply if you have hunted with someone who has one. Please, post away
JWG
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:14 am

The six guys that I have hunted with that have them usually drop them in the sand, dirt, mud, water etc... When the birds come in, they pull the trigger three times as fast as they can, and you hear three loud shots out of each of the guns. I have yet to see one fail. Great guns IMO.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby JWG » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:55 pm

98ramtough, I assume you have a 98 Dodge Ram, yes?
JWG
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:58 pm

yeah
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby donell67 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:57 pm

yeah its a nice truck for a beater. :toofunny:
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:37 pm

how did this thread get turned into my pickup? I will hook that cummins up to any of your rigs!

:salude:
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby JWG » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:27 pm

I guess I have the same truck. Minus the cummins. Do you have a ext. Cab 4 door? My drivers side rear door keeps leaning into the drivers door. I love my truck though. Eats gas but makes up for alot when you have power enough to not get stuck and pay for getting pulled out. Either way your right. Lets stick to SBE 2's Please post on yours or a friends SBE 2
JWG
hunter

Your Truck

Postby Elmer Fudd » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:25 pm

Hey ram...I also own a 98 ram 2500/4X4 quad cab... mine has the 360 V8
I love it... sux the gas though.. wish it had a Cummins..
As far as the SBE 2..Guy I hunt with has one.. He drives a Ford Ranger..... Sweet , Wish I had one( SBE 2) but I spend to much in gas...LOL So I bought a Benelli Nova Camo
Upside Down & Feet Twitchin...
The HeviShot way
Elmer Fudd
hunter

Re: Benelli SBE 2 Performance

Postby BLKLABMAN » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:05 pm

JWG wrote:Describe, if you please, the performance out of this firearm(s). Whatever model of SBE 2 you have. Patterning, recoil, aesthetics, reliability, and above all, PROBLEMS! Any experiance you have had with one, or simply if you have hunted with someone who has one. Please, post away

My SBE II has been flawless. I have used it here, SD and AL this year, so it has seen a variety of wether conditions and just keeps banging away.
The Comfortech stock does reduce recoil down to that of a gas gun. The Crio chokes throw awesome patterns, therefore the need for aftermarket helps is not needed, unless you lie extended choke tubes.
Overall, I could not be happier with the SBE II.
BLKLABMAN
hunter

Postby JWG » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:40 pm

blklabman, HEY THANKS! Represents a lot of the stuff I'd like ta here. I was playin around with one at the store just the other day. It is incredible how light these weapons are. But I think my favorite part about the SBE 2's, are the aesthetics. I guess I previously owned a Browning Gold to and X2 to an Extrema to the SBE I own today. All the firearms before the SBE were simply smooth and rounded off. I love the feel of the SBE 2's in your hands. Atta boy Benelli
JWG
hunter

Postby 21turner » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:44 pm

I have a Citori sport hunter o/u, SBE and Nova all 3.5. I hunt water birds with the SBE because it's bullet proof. I agree that the recoil is very similar to gas power. I dropped ducks at a range that makes grizzly old guides crap their pants. The Nova throws a good pattern, but is heavy with the recoil reducer. I mostly use it as a loaner. The SBE has a jamming problem with cheaper skeet loads. Make sure you keep it clean and shoot quality shells.
21turner
Newb

Postby Ron » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:04 pm

I have an SBE 2 camo in 24". I have fired thousands of rounds through it without any problems. Benelli clearly states you should use 3 dram 1 1/8. I believe that is for all benellis and franchis. I broke mine in using 3.5" bismuth. Then shot a round of skeet with 3". I then used 2 3/4 3 dram 1 1/8. I believe the problem has been proper break in of the spring. I now use the lightest skeet loads and it has never jammed. My safety works flawlessly. The only complaint I had was the choke wrench did not work on my full choke, so I called benelli and they sent me the right one. Good luck
Ron
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum