A vintage sears package!!!

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

A vintage sears package!!!

Postby DuckManClyde » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Hey guys, so my buddies dad just scored on some really cool/ old stuff here. In the pics youll see the Sears and roebuck jc higgins bolt action 12 gauge and the jc higgins paper mashey deeks. ( were they like a duck hunter combo package back in the day, hence the same label/brandes?) With that he got an old cbc hb something single shot 410 out of brazil, ( not pictured ) and some really cool paper/wax shells. I was actually the first to shoot the sears so that was pretty exciting!! I will upload the video to youtube soon and post it later. It shot surprisingly well !! to prove its accuracy i shot at a ( Pre shot ) Shell and hit it! All for 100 bucks!!
Attachments
clydes game calls 138.jpg
clydes game calls 137.jpg
clydes game calls 139.png
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Re: A vintage sears package!!!

Postby DuckManClyde » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:13 pm

Attachments
clydes game calls 136.jpg
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:13 pm

lol, now that's some cool stuff. Make sure your not shooting steel through it, although I believe tungsten is alright. Any full body pics of the decoys?
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:15 pm

Actually im not even sure what was in those canadian paper rounds, all i know is that there old! haha
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Fowl Intentions » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:59 pm

I've got that same gun in 16 gauge, and one of there pump 12 gauge guns. Took my first rooster with the bolt action. Second shot is always from the hip. I'm good at trick shots :yes:

cool stuff

cheers

erich
Fowl Intentions
hunter

Postby blackduck_killer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Those old Canadian shells were loaded with lead. They were great duck loads when lead was legal and would still be awesome upland loads where legal. I hope you took the time to enjoy the aroma of those shells after they were freshly fired.
blackduck_killer
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:15 pm

blackduck_killer wrote:Those old Canadian shells were loaded with lead. They were great duck loads when lead was legal and would still be awesome upland loads where legal. I hope you took the time to enjoy the aroma of those shells after they were freshly fired.

I did actually!! :thumbsup:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby old school too » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Got the same shotgun back in 1964 from my Grandaddy. Had to give up my Stevens .410 to my little brother to get the big 12.Took a lot of game with that old girl. Graduated to an 1100 a few years later. Now that was a gun. Still is...
old school too
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum