Affinity

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Affinity

Postby newbie4 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:21 pm

I currently have a Stoeger 2000 but am thinking about getting a Franchi Affinity. How do you guys like this gun and have you had any problems?
newbie4
hunter

Re: Affinity

Postby Glades hunter » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:15 am

I've had the gun for a few months now and after breaking it in it shoots great. Very light smooth and an all around great gun for the price. And the best thing is that it's inertia. Ready for duck season.
Glades hunter
hunter

Postby California Sprig » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:33 pm

I have heard and read nothing but great reports on the affinity. In fact I bought one a couple days ago but here in California there is a 2 week waiting period when you purchase a gun. Can't wait to pick it up. It will be my main waterfowl gun this year and because its fairly light I will try it for upland also.
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter

Postby RedneckDuckCommander » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:22 pm

i love the affinity. handles any loads very well
RedneckDuckCommander
hunter

Postby BurninPowder » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:20 pm

California Sprig wrote:I have heard and read nothing but great reports on the affinity.

X2
BurninPowder
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Why not try out the super mag Intensity?
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Postby cutt-down » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:06 pm

Just bought the 20ga Infinity last week. Shot it opening day of dove season here in TN. Gun shoots great! Not really a test for the gun since it was warm but I like the way the gun shoulders & it cycles fast with little recoil. I've had Benelli's since 1990 & this Franchi feels & shoots like my M-1 only lighter. Like it so far!!!
cutt-down
hunter

Postby California Sprig » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:54 pm

No Intensity for me because I don't shoot 3.5 inch shells, don't wanna shoot 3.5 inch shells and therefore don't need a gun that shoots them. Generally guns that only shoot a max 3 inch shell are a little lighter although not much but I like lighter guns especially when carrying them upland hunting.
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:08 am

California Sprig wrote:No Intensity for me because I don't shoot 3.5 inch shells, don't wanna shoot 3.5 inch shells and therefore don't need a gun that shoots them. Generally guns that only shoot a max 3 inch shell are a little lighter although not much but I like lighter guns especially when carrying them upland hunting.

The only time they are heavier is when loaded with the 3.5" shells vs 3" shells. Otherwise the wieght difference is very minimal between a mag gun and super mag gun.
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum