Any one know of a gun like this?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Any one know of a gun like this?

Postby IdahoSkies » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:41 pm

I have been on the hunt for a beginner's shot gun for my daughter. She will be 10 early next year and has been looking forward to shooting at the birds that we have been hunting together. She tried my youth model binelli nova which was way to large for her. In my search I have run across what I thought would be a perfect fit, due to her size 510 Mini Bantam (see http://www.mossberg.com/product/shotgun ... pose/50490 ).

I like the shorter barrel (less weight) and the redesigned "growth with me" stock, and the smaller reciever (instead of a 20 ga. on a 12 ga. frame) but I really wish it was a semi-auto, as I with the reduced weight I really want to avoid her getting hammered by the ammo she is shooting.

So anyone know of a mini bantam like gas operated semi auto?

Suggestions?
IdahoSkies
hunter

Re: Any one know of a gun like this?

Postby goosepit2007 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:30 pm

this is the gun that i sell alot of it has been tested all over from argentina doves ect, i have yet to have one that i have had to send back for warrenty or fix after warrenty(normal wear and tear). good solid semi auto for youth ladies or smaller framed guys even. get your self some 20 gauge 3 inch loads in either 7/8 oz kents 1550 fps 3's or 2's or fed 3inch 1oz loads 3's or 2's . she will be keeping right up with you pounding ducks and geese. 40 yards and closer they keep there density to were if she centers them in pattern, the ducks/geese will have quite few pellets in them.

link bellow:
http://www.weatherby.com/product/shotgu ... heticyouth
goosepit2007
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Mossberg mini bantam is a Awesome gun we have 2 for kids. I enjoy shooting them myself pattern great
Forearm little loose but nothing wrong or troublesome with it
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby BuckCreek » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:14 pm

I got my 7yr old a tristar 20ga semiauto. It comes with 2 stocks and I had gunsmith cut off one as short as he could it fits him perfect and barely kicks. Got it for 450. Two buddies have had them for their boys and really like them just another idea for ya.
BuckCreek
hunter

Postby FinnLandR » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:42 pm

My boy has one. He has only used it for skeet so far, but duck season is coming soon. The only thing he doesn't like is the mossberg safety. He prefers the safety style of my 870. Also, from what I can tell, it looks like a standard 20 ga. stock will fit once he outgrows the short stock, and the same with a longer barrel.
FinnLandR
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:20 am

They are hard to find but if you keep a look out on gunbroker. The Beretta 390 20ga is the best youth gun comes with 2" worth of stock spacers and has comb and cast adjustments. Can be had for $550 and being gas auto is very soft recoil. Also on the market is the franchise affinity compact which comes with 4 different spacers so the gun can grow with the shooter. This is an inertia gun and kicks more than the Beretta but is still much softer shooter than a pump gun.
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby cutt-down » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Normmcclean wrote:They are hard to find but if you keep a look out on gunbroker. The Beretta 390 20ga is the best youth gun comes with 2" worth of stock spacers and has comb and cast adjustments. Can be had for $550 and being gas auto is very soft recoil. Also on the market is the franchise affinity compact which comes with 4 different spacers so the gun can grow with the shooter. This is an inertia gun and kicks more than the Beretta but is still much softer shooter than a pump gun.

Just bought the Franchi Infinity in 20ga & so far I like it a lot! The kick is really not that bad but a little more than a gas auto. The youth model Infinity is available with the spacers so the child can grow into it. Pretty neat idea!
cutt-down
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum